Pro or Con snack

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Nicole & Baby, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Daily Dream Treats made by WYSONG, considered good or bad? My girls have no known allergies to beef & I only feed in moderation.

Ingredients: Beef, Beef Liver, Ground Bone, Condensed Whey Product, Fish Oil (Preserved With Mixed Tocopherols), Coconut Oil, Poultry Fat, Organic Mung Bean Sprouts, Organic Quinoa Sprouts, Organic Millet Sprouts, Organic Blueberries, Organic Apples, Plums, Barley Grass, Wheat Grass, Dried Kelp, Dried Seaweed Meal, Artichoke, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus lactis Fermentation Product, Dried Yeast Culture, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus niger Fermentation Product, Rosemary Extract, Sage Extract, Choline Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement.

2. Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout

Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout Well-Known Member

Ick, that's a lot of stuff in there. If I were you , I'd just get the freeze dried meat treats. There are so many good ones out there now. (Scout says Wildside Salmon is the bomb!)

3. d and shadow(GA)

d and shadow(GA) New Member

Shadow loves Wysong Dream Treats and they hold a regular place in our treat rotation.

4. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

eww lol sorry...they kinda sound like vitamin supplements. I agree with Deanie there, freeze dried treats could be the better choice and a lot healthier maybe safer as well as they tend to be only 100% pure meat with no additives and artichokes.
    Mind u I love artichokes :lol:

Boy you find the most interesting snacks Nicole! :D Awesome job at bringing these up for feedback!

5. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

"Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product" sounds like the most disgusting thing on earth! I don't know what it is, but just the words sound gross. ;) Maybe that's what makes it appealing to kitties, though, who knows.

6. Nicole & Baby

Ronnie & Sarah...... LOL
    :mrgreen:
    I let her try 2 & she puked. Same thing with Stelly & Chewey... she is not a puker...ever..but both these have made her puke..I now have the expert eye of the similarities of these two & will not be giving......uggh...... all this $$$$ down the tubes!

7. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

I got these for my doggie, but the kitties love them too: http://demo11.pepbiz.com/superzoo-booth ... og-treats/

I bought them at Petsmart but I can't find them on their website for some reason.

I also cook chicken breast and cut it up. That is their favorite treat of all. Cheap, too. I buy a bag of frozen chicken breasts and cook one up in a pan on the stove about twice a week.

8. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

OK that list of ingredients sounds disgusting.

I got some Pure Snacks today. One ingredient. Shadoe went NUTS! She loved them! Apparently, the same as Pure Bites.

Cats don't need to eat blueberries and apples; if you chopped up the fruit and put it in a bowl, would your cat eat it? I doubt it.

If you want a really good healthy treat, just steam some plain ordinary chicken breast then chop it up into tiny cubes and freeze them. If you are talking about just a treat, then you can't beat the real thing.

Because many people add water to their kitty's food, you could take it a bit further. Get a chicken and boil it up. Use the broth in place of water when you water down the foods, and the chicken for snacks.

Make a good use of ice cube trays. Freeze the broth, then pop all the broth cubes into a bag and leave in the freezer for later use. I put the cubed chicken into little rubbermaid containers then take out one every few days to thaw out in the frig.

Seriously, all those ingredients scare me and I bet if you looked up some of them, you would find info that stated they can be harmful to cats.

Go with Pure Snacks or chicken.

9. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Rather than just throwing out unwanted food - you can either return it to the store for a refund. Most stores (especially Pet smart will refund you).

Or you can donate it to a local shelter or rescue - they will gladly take all foods you don't want.

10. Tara and Nick

Tara and Nick Member

Ha! You haven't met my cat! If it were up to him, he would live on fruit, grains, and cake. He goes nuts if I have raisins anywhere in his vicinity (and those are really bad for cats, diabetic or not)! :shock:

11. Nicole & Baby

Hilary, I never throw out unwanted food, but make sure other furbabies get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.