Progress at last...

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Anyname, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anyname

Anyname Member

I've had some great progress with LB. Well, not me exactly, but my cat sitter had great progress with him. She decided the feeding instructions were not appropriate for a cat and more food than she gives her dog (twice the size of LB) so she put LB on a diet for the 6 days we were away. I know I should be cross but he survived and is better for it. I am sure he will have had some very low numbers while I was away - he's a tuff boy that he didn't throw a hypo event!

For those who are interested to see his recent numbers my SS is working again but only on WORLD. To see how this has happened click on Little Boy on the bottom left hand side of this message. It's the old SS from the beginning and though you won't understand the numbers in America you can see the colours to see the progress. He is now in a far, far better range than he was a month ago. I really can't believe that less food would make so much difference.

I have diversified his diet as well so that I hope it is a good balance for him. A new Australian member to this forum told me about a new brand of processed pet food with very low carbs. I only give him 100grams per day of it. Then a meal of ground rabbit. Then some diced chicken with a sprinkling of the Royal canin GI dry. A tablespoon a day. The processed part of his diet should provide adequate nutrients for him.

I think I've been feeding LB too much. More since he was dx - because of not wanting him to feel bad from high bgs. But the more I've been feeding the higher his bgs have been. ohmygod_smile

Marilyn

2. DEF

DEF Member

That is good news. And it is great you have found some lo carb food he likes. Yum, raw ground rabbit. :smile: My 'kids' turn up their noses at everything new and different.

Elaine and Pinky

3. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

it does make a huge difference in how much they are eating - the volume of food and the insulin are linked.

LB's numbers are looking a lot better. i'm so glad for both of you!!!

4. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

HOORAY, MARILYN!!!

IT'S SO GOOD TO SEE YOUR GORGEOUS BOY LOOKING BETTER!!

celi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.