Prozinc --> Lantus?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Molly, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Molly

Molly Member

Hello,

My cat, Meatball, was diagnosed with diabetes about a month and a half ago. We were prescribed Prozinc by my vet, but I have been thinking about switching to Lantus because I've heard about the high rate of remission.

Anyone have any feedback about this? Any Lantus converts out there?

Thanks!

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Molly:

There are a number of former PZI users here who switched to Lantus. Off the top of my head, I don't recall anyone who was a Prozinc user who has switched. You might want to cross post on the Health board.

3. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Welcome, Molly! Diahann asked me to look out for you. :smile:

I don't know offhand of anyone who has switched from ProZinc to Lantus, because ProZinc is still so new. A lot of us (including me) switched from PZI to Lantus. I have a friend whose cat is on ProZinc right now (newly diagnosed), and so far it seems to respond a little more like Lantus than the old PZI did but I'm still not really that familiar with it.

I love Lantus (obviously, because my cat went Off the Juice!). Most of us find that our cats act like they are feeling better within days, even if the numbers are still high. Once you find the right dose, the cat will have nice flat cycles and can stay in good numbers almost 24/7, without as much bouncing as some of the other insulins. Staying in good numbers means good healing time for the pancreas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.