? Prozinc usage life

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Peppersmom72, Dec 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peppersmom72

Peppersmom72 Member

I was wondering if someone can tell me if I have to replace the vial of Prozinc every 30 days or if it could be used longer? Its also to be refrigerated, correct? I don't have it yet, but would like a heads up.

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

The manufacturer says that it is good for 60 days after you open it, BUT everyone (including our vet) says it can last much longer if stored/handled correctly. Yes, it must be refrigerated.

3. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

One vial will last more than 3 months for my Callie. We use it to the last drop.

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

It will last several months if stored and handled properly. It's a milky suspension that needs to be rolled gently before you draw up a dose.

5. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

And if you notice any little floaty chunks it's gone bad. But as long as it looks cloudy and Pepper is still responding to it you can use it. I wouldn't recommend keeping it more than six months though.

6. Peppersmom72

Peppersmom72 Member

Has anyone ever ordered their Prozinc from an online pharmacy? If so, which one?

7. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

I use Allvet. Some use Valley Vet. I pay 130/vial, including shipping. That comes to less than $43/month. It depends on how large your kitties dose.

8. Dawn Fuller

Dawn Fuller New Member

Hi.
    My vet asked me where I keep Little Ones Prozib2c vial ?
    I replied in the fridge door ( where I keep the eggs) ..
    He advised not to keep it there ...
    But inside the veg drawer at the bottom.
    I asked why ?
    As when you go to the fridge throughout the day you open the door and the degrees go up ...but in the drawer it stays constant .

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    Reason for edit: spelling
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.