? Puked foam.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by GinnyBarr, Apr 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GinnyBarr

GinnyBarr Member

Pia puked a very small amount of white foam. She's eating. Should I be concerned?

2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

@Phoebes I think Angela woke up to Phoebe throwing up some white foam. It is possible Pia was trying to get a hairball up and didn't get it out so just the white foamy came out. Shouldn't be an issue unless she starts doing it more often and gets more yellowish colour. Keep us updated :)

GinnyBarr likes this.
  3. GinnyBarr

GinnyBarr Member

That's what I thought. Ok. Ty.

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  4. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

It could mean, hairball, but leaning more towards acid. When she started doing that we started with the pepcid ac. 1/4 a pill once at night. And also the cerenia anti puke med. But Phoebes has pancreantitis and IBD. If it was white foam only I would take a guess and think she might have had an empty stomach? Head bumps to you and your furbaby. :bighug:

GinnyBarr likes this.
  5. GinnyBarr

GinnyBarr Member

:)

6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Probably a hairball or an empty tummy causing stomach acid.

GinnyBarr likes this.
  7. Lillie

Lillie Member

My kitty Leo was doing the foam and clear liquid thing in early mornings frequently. Setting an automatic feeder with some food in it for 2:00 or 3:00AM and giving him PepcidAC in the evening stopped his regurgitation of foam. He has mild IBD and can't go too many hours without food in his stomach.

GinnyBarr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.