Purchasing Prozinc online

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Kathy and Mr. B.E., Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and Mr. B.E.

Kathy and Mr. B.E. Member

Hello,

Does anyone purchase Prozinc online? My new vet wants me to continue using it, but she doesn't carry it. She has an online pharmacy on her website she said I should use, but it's $146 and I imagine the free shipping doesn't apply for that, so it would be very expensive. I've seen options online for much less than $146, but perhaps someone here knows what is best. I don't need to purchase right away, just planning ahead.;)

Thanks!

Kathy & Mr. Big Eyes

2. Caitlin M

Caitlin M Well-Known Member

Hello! I switched vets recently and she did not carry ProZinc either. I used Allivet to order it and they're price was also the cheapest I found. Had no trouble with them and am happy with the new bottle.

http://www.allivet.com/mobile/p-2738-prozinc-cat-insulin-10ml-vial.aspx

They contact your vet for the prescription, so let the office know so they can fill out the fax ASAP. If you also have a physical copy of the prescription and it has refills, make a copy for yourself and mail them the original- they'll have it on file so you can just order the next bottle online again without the faxing. Hope that helps!

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  3. Kathy and Mr. B.E.

Thanks! Do you remember how much they charge for the shipping?

4. Caitlin M

Caitlin M Well-Known Member

It was $27 for me. I believe if you sign up for their email you also get a 10-15% off code, so I used that also.

Kathy and Mr. B.E. likes this.
  5. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Either way when Caitlin was discussing it, after shipping was like $119. Pretty close to both of our OLD vets charged ;)

6. srk4cats

srk4cats Well-Known Member

I bought from Allivet, too, a few months ago. The shipping was expensive, because they have to keep it cool. That's a consideration in Tucson when it's been 115 degrees the past few days.

7. Kathy and Mr. B.E.

Yes, the shipping is a big deal. I'd been looking at Valley Vet because they are selling for $102. I looked to see where they are located and they are only 60 miles away from me! I suppose I could consider driving there if shipping is a lot. I'm going to email them to see how much it would be.

8. Kathy and Mr. B.E.

That is terrible hot! I hope it cools down for you. It's been running high 90s here in Kansas with high humidity, but supposed to be 70s and low humidity over the weekend.:joyful:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.