Pure Bites Cat Treats

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kays8cats, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kays8cats

Kays8cats Member

Hi,

Does anyone use Pure Bites cat treats?

Just got them to use for treats for Elmo and other cats.

100% freeze dried fish. liver and beef are the only ingredients.

This ok for diabetics?

Made by Pure treas Inc.

94%protein, 3%fat, 1%fiber

Thanks

2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

those are totally ok for diabetics and there are people here who use them as i've seen several post about them. i've been wanting to give them a try but haven't found them anywhere locally

3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Shadoe and Oliver LOVE them.
    Only the chicken ones though.
    Don't bother getting the small bags in the cat section; go to the dog section and get them. Bigger bad and cheaper.
    they don't like the liver ones much, and seldom like the fish.
    But the chicken gets inhaled.

These treats have only one ingredient - what the flavor is, is all that's in the bag.

4. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

What Gayle said.
    My 3 kitties only like the chicken ones too. The liver is very hard and funny they never liked the fish.
    When I would test Max and give him his treats, his civvie sisters would coming running too.
    I also bought the big dog bag but broke them up in smaller pieces.
    They are the best treats!

5. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

What Randi & Gayle said... :lol:

I just bought bucket loads of these on sale last month. Hank also eats the chicken only. HE LOVES these...like chicken crack. I too buy the bigger bags.

Cindy, they carry them at Petco. Last month they had a buy 3 treats get 1 free sale. PLSU they price matched a competitor price I had. Plus I had a coupon for $5 off $25. I eneded up getting them for like $4 or less per bag. it was a steal.
    I bought 8 bags!

The cheapest place online is: http://www.kingwholesale.com/Shopping/ProductSearch.cfm
    you can get a 3oz for 5.99
    a 6.2 oz for 11.99
    free shipping.

Hank does love these. But he also loves the Prime Bites Freeze dried chicken which are cut inot ore cubes, than strips like these.
    They are online or at Petsmart....about 6.99/bag

All are cheaper than Halo, which is what we started off with.

6. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

We use the Prime Bites from Petsmart. My dog loves them as well as the cats. My cats will eat the beef liver if I can break the pieces up small enough for them, but primarily we use the chicken for the cats as it is easy to break. All three of them are at my feet as soon as the lid is off the jar!

7. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

yup use the chicken! only danger-must keep fingers out of the way of demanding cat!

8. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

Those are fine :smile:

As a general rule, any treat that only contains 100% meat or fish is fine for a dabetic cat to have. These are usually freeze dried treats.

There's a list of low carb treats here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9172

9. Kays8cats

Kays8cats Member

Thanks so much!~ I printed out the treat list but did not see this brand on it so just wanted to make sure.

My cats like all of them, my boyfriend, who is awesome, got a bag of each. Liver, chicken, and fish. The fish ones are very crumbly and more like flakes so I just sprinkle some on the floor and watch the fun begin. I break the liver one up as well as the chicken ones.

I am going to go this wknd and get a big dog sized one.

Elmo is sooo good for his shots and blood draws tht I now give him a treat after.

10. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I also use them to be sure Shadoe is not eating, really not eating. If she seems off food, but inhales a couple of the chicken pieces, I suspect some finicky-ness and not so much sick-ness.
    She's done it before; I am not falling for her tricks as easily now.

11. Linda and Crash (GA)

Linda and Crash (GA) Member

Crash is an addict! I get the GIANT sized bags of chicken from Amazon.

Watch out for your fingers - they will be bitten if too close to the treats!!

I put treats in timer dishes, which he found out how to nudge open if it's close to feeding time. I guess it gives him something to do while I am at work - LOL If he eats the larger chunks, they will stick to the roof of his mouth, so I break them up into smaller pieces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.