Purina Friskies "Pate" vs. Purina Fancy Feast "Classic"

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Bryan & Princess, Jun 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryan & Princess

Bryan & Princess Member

Hello everyone !!!

I am starting to think the Friskie's "Pate" is not near as good for my Princess as Fancy Feast "Classic" is.

I first started out Fancy Feast AM and PM

But the Friskies is cheaper and larger and perfect for days for her, So Friskies Pate AM (mostly Mariner Catch, White Fish, and Salmon) and Fancy Feast "classic" (Chicken, Beef, etc)

But I think I am starting to see a pattern of her Glucose scores going up with Friskies in the morning, and she is not eating the whole can most days any how.

So I am going to start feeding her Fancy Feast maybe (2) times a day (maybe 3) and see if her scores are consistently lower, then go back to Friskies in the AM and FF in the PM and see if her scores go back up.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen similar results or wants to join me in my testing.

Thanks,

Bryan

2. Butterball

Butterball Member

I think the Fancy Feast Classic is overall better. It has a higher protein to carb ratio than even a lot of high quality gourmet food.

3. Chris & Lucy

Chris & Lucy Member

I feed both so will be curious to find out what you learn.

Beck and Philly likes this.
  4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Some of the Friskies do have a little rice in them....If your cat is really sensitive to carbs, that may be enough to make a difference

Sylvie likes this.
  5. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

i remember once being kinda shocked that not even 1/3 of friskies mixed grill made tux BG jump up 38 points and that was when i checked an hour later. When i would recheck bg after FF turkey gibs or beef before giving him his injections, his BG had either gone down a little or just slightly higher. like chris said some friskies have rice in them, assuming reason for tux's BG jumps, perhaps your kitty could be reacting to it too.. we don't use friskies anymore so can't join ya in testing but, overall i think FF poultry pates are definitely much better overall.

6. Bryan & Princess

Bryan & Princess Member

Well I need to get more Fancy Feast to start the test, only had a couple of cans left and tomorrow is much easier to go shopping than today, I am going to test it though and do at least one week straight of Fancy Feast 3 times a day (9 oz total), then Friskies AM and Fancy Feast PM (8.5 oz total) and see if the 2 weeks of Glucose scores give me any answers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.