PZI user - Eyes on spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Marcy & Klinger (GA), Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcy & Klinger (GA)

Marcy & Klinger (GA) Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Klinger was dx in Feb '10 and started on Lantus. Switched to ProZinc in May and got up to 7.5 units. Did a re-do based on advice here with the thought that maybe I missed his correct dose since we started him at 4u's. We are currently at 3u's and his numbers have been high and then he'll through me a yellow AMPS. Could PZI'ers please take a look at his ss and give me some advice.
    He was eating FF kitten from time of dx, switched last week to FF classics.
    Thanks!
    Marcy

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

No real advice. A couple of days ago the remarks say you gave Benadryl and before that antibiotics were give. Could Mars have something going on that is making regulation difficult. Just remember, that each cat is different. I have been working on my Bailey for over six years and at least one a week he will give me a low PS,For example, the first of Sept he had a 63 and on the fourth a 42. You can only do so good if the cat doesn't cooperate.

3. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

Woah

How did you start at 4u? Looked at 10th April comments.Was that on Lantus as well-when you went from such a high to low number in 4 hours?

There's no pattern.
    Now, hands up, not a prozinc user (Lev/Lan can advise on)but looking at your chart, you haven't held doses long enough and the minute you get anythng under 300 you cut the dose considerably. Fwiw, that means to me no pattern to follow.
    You need consistency and I can't see it.

Am surprised you switched from Lantus with all the research.

See what other PZI'ers say, but I'd look at testing for keytones, start over at 2u, hold for several days (Lan/Lev is 3-5 on an on-going basis)and get some consistency going. Then you can see for sure if he needs an increase. Also, I'd increase in .25u increments-allows for much better fine tuning of dose.

His numbers will be high again by tonight probably because of the small dose, your just putting yourself on a rollercoaster in my eyes.
    Ab's can affect bg's too.
    You don't look as if you have a high dose kitty as you get good movement at times, so the 7.5u would have been way off the mark in my view.
    Cats insulin needs can change all the time too.
    Hope you can work it out.
    Scritches to Klinger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.