Q for adequan users

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Marci and Buddy, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marci and Buddy

Marci and Buddy Member

do you still give cosequin pills if using adequan?
    how often do you give A. on an as needed basis -Buddy seems to need it once a week , even after initial month..is that too much? thanks

2. Karen & Angus(GA)

Karen & Angus(GA) Member

Yes, I still give the Cosequin per my vet's instructions. You should talk to your vet about the frequancy of Adequan injections. Angus gets them once a month, but I have seen many different dosage suggestions from different vets, including weekly.

3. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

we use dasuquin instead of cosequin, and we do still continue to give, BID, while using adequan.

weekly injections of adequan seem to be in the minority, but we've found that it's the right frequency for meowzi. i've tried extending the interval to 2 weeks and that didn't work as well. i believe lynette's omaha (GA) also received weekly adequan shots.

4. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I give Adequan to my civie once per week. My vet said that she had heard of it being used as often as every five days. She told me that the potential side effect was blood thinning, as it's in the same family as Heparin, but that reports did not sound substantially worrisome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.