Question about feeding times when in remission

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cinnie Cole, Apr 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

So far Zoot! seems to be doing great in remission - do I need to follow the strict feeding schedule that we had when he was on Lantus or can I flex it a half hour early or late on occasion to accommodate actually going out (not that we can go out, since we are locked down, but maybe someday).

Is this a stupid question? Thanks!

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

You can feed him whenever you want to! You don't need to stick to a strict schedule anymore....just watch his weight.

3. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Yippee! Thanks!

4. SullivansDad

SullivansDad Member

Yep, no schedule needed (just watch the total amount per day to target ideal weight). My guy is a grazer and has pretty much set his own schedule by eating more during the day and less overnight (I set breakfast down at 7:00, and he's usually ready for his dinner to be set out around 5:15).

5. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Thanks! This is helpful - I generally get their morning food out at 6:30 but in the afternoon they start bugging me closer to 5:00. I think they will appreciate (meaning "It's about time!") my moving it up to 5:00-5:30.

6. SullivansDad

SullivansDad Member

Just be aware that they might wake you up earlier for breakfast at first with the earlier dinner time. My guy did that for a day or two after we shifted his dinner time only for me to come downstairs and see that he still had a decent amount of food left from his previous meal! :)

7. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

We have seven cats....we never sleep.

8. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

You only need one for that to happen.:rolleyes:

My Dancer got her name, because she jumps up on the bed, and paces along the edge, and pirouettes, and slides and tumbles, and does the belly rub fakeout move, and stalks and pivot steps, and bats her eyelashes at you to get your attention. Usually starting around 3 am or so.

Cinnie Cole likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.