Question about remission and BG testing

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by SuziB, Jun 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuziB

SuziB Member

Hello all!

I don’t want to jinx things, but it looks like Reece is in remission! It has been over 2 weeks since she last had any insulin. Her morning numbers are still usually just over 100, but drop to under 100 after she moves around for 30 minutes or so. Evening numbers have been below 100 for weeks now, with one or two readings just over 100. I am shocked and very happy that she has responded so well to treatment and diet change!

My question is - should I still be checking her BG at least twice daily? If so, for how long? She doesn’t mind it, necessarily, but if I don’t have to do it, I won’t. Do I need to do a curve on her at any point now?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Suzi and Reece

Karen&Rocket likes this.
  2. Myrtlesmum

Myrtlesmum Member

Once Myrtle was in remission, I tested twice daily for a couple of weeks, then daily, then every few gays, then weekly, fortnightly, monthly, every couple of months - you get the idea. The more confident I was that she was truly in remission the less I tested. However, if she ever seemed a bit “off” like not as hungry, peeing a bit more etc. I would test just to make sure that her bg was still normal. I do hope Reece is in remission!!

SuziB likes this.
  3. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Congratulations !!!

Once you finish the OTJ trial, they recomend that you test once a week for at least a couple of months and then monthly or as they mentioned if he gets sick or if you notice something is off

SuziB likes this.
  4. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Way to go Suzi and Reece!!!

:cat: :cat: :cat:

SuziB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.