Question about V-Oratene Drinking water

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by kurikitty, Feb 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kurikitty

kurikitty Member

So before I found out my cat had diabetes, I purchased a product that is supposed to help with the cats oral health. I am wondering if anyone knows if it is safe to give diabetic cats or not? Thanks.

V-Oratene

2. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

Darnell & Sprocket (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi.
    I am not familiar with the product but I looked at the amazon ad.
    Here is the ingredients:

Ingredients :
    Glucose oxidase, glycerin, potassium sorbate, potassium thiocyanate, purified water, rosemary extract, sodium chloride, sorbitol, zinc chloride. Natural enzymes: dextranase, lactoferrin, lactoperoxidase, lysozyme, mutanase.

And I am gonna tag a few people that might know.
    @Chris & China (GA)
    @Squeaky and KT (GA)
    @Bobbie And Bubba
    @Wendy&Neko

Hope someone can answer.
    take care

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry, never heard of that product. I live in Canada and we don’t always get the same products here.

4. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

5. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

i used it for about a month after i noticed our cats teeth were getting more and more discolored after switching to mostly all wet food (and us not brushing most of their teeth didn't help matters of course). I saw no real affects from it in that time other than i realized one day that tux's BG had been continuing to slowly get elevate more each couple days since using it so we stopped using it...however i did go find out if was safe for diabetic cats before using it and they said it was safe so who knows. i now use their antiseptic gel 2-3 times a week instead, didn't notice a BG issue with the gel and did notice it actually helping the cats i use it with, two of them are in the early stages of stomatitis/gingivitis and when i use it once every day with them, their gum lines stop being inflamed by a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.