**Question: Baby AMBG 175

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nicole & Baby, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Hi, I tested Baby this morning & she was 119, I was a bit shocked but really did not think much about it. I tested her just now & she is 186. I am going to call her vet tomorrow & have Lantus called in, I suspect she is going back on the juice.

2. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: Baby might be Back

HI Nicole, Not what you wanted to see, I'm sure. Maybe it's just a blip. But it's good to have Baby checked out by your vet. She might just need a small "refresher" course. In any event, we will wait to welcome Baby back until she does indeed return!

Hugs to you both,

Ella & Rusty

3. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

can you get her in to the vet to be checked out? How are her teeth? Any problems in the P's department? Appetite?

In the meantime, go back to the basics of when Baby first started her OTJ trial. Small frequent meals are best. Test before feeding and again after about 3 hours to see if her pancreas is bringing her down. Look around and see if there is any carby stuff she could have gotten into. Good luck! I hope she is back into her normal range in the morning.

4. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Excellent advice from Libby, I think. ((( Nicole ))), she didn't get into something contraband did she?

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Great advice from Libby. You're sure Baby hasn't been eating your Christmas cookies?

6. Nicole & Baby

Thank you to each of you! Baby is acting 100% normal, appetite.. activity.. litterbox all are in place. I am going to test again in the AM & make an appointment with her vet. To my knowledge she has not gotten into any carb heavy content (not even Christmas Cookies here lol!) Her teeth have never been cleaned, strangely they are white & appear to be in good shape. I will follow up after tomorrow & let everyone know where things stand. :roll:

7. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Good luck....we hope it is just a blip and Baby won't be back!

8. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

could just be a small infection. Good to get her checked out. I hope everything is ok. Hugs and good vines to you and Baby.

9. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Hope it is just a bump in the road for Baby. Good luck with the check-up.

10. SaraJaye

SaraJaye Member

Could something be amiss with your meter or your strips? Sometimes meters need to be "zeroe'd out" and strips have only a limited shelf-life...

11. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

((((((Nicole)))))))) Hoping this is just a blip for Baby. Keep us posted.

12. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Alright, Baby and Luna can go right back where they came from eh? :lol:
    ((((Nicole)))) see what the vetty says, wishing you both well!

13. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

((Nicole)) Hope this is just a blip for Baby. It is a great gauge for how they are feeling though, so good for you for catching those higher numbers! If there is any inflammation or infection going on, the BGs sometimes get higher so you are right on top of things by having her checked out.
    Thankfully my Raja checked out just fine...but she just needed a little more time on some insulin. I hope Baby will have a good cheek up too....
    Some of our kitties seem to need a boost from time to time. I hope that Baby and you will not have to come back to having insulin...but if that is what is indicated, then hopefully you will only be here for a very short time. And then, you and Baby will be back at the Falls again! Keep us posted! :YMHUG:

14. Nicole & Baby

:YMHUG: As always, I appreciate everyone's kind words & appreciate the care and concern for Baby & I.. thank you.
    Baby is acting completely normal & I don't know what I should do. The Lantus costs about $200.00 & the Bloodwork at the Vet does too. I cannont do both with the Holiday Season here. I am leaning towards just beginning the Lantus.. is this Ok? I am going to call her Vet & see if they will write a script, at minimum I suspect they will want to see her, but with her acting normal - I don't imagine they will find anything wrong without bloodwork. Anyway, as soon as I get the Lantus I am going to start her on it. .5 or just a drop?

15. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi again, Nicole,

If you go the Lantus route you might be able to find a local pharmacy that will sell you a single pen or cartridge. Our Kinney's Drugs will do that. I used to get it that way until I started ordering from Canada. It was more expensive (about $45 for a single pen), but less of an initial outlay.
    I hope that Baby simply needs a little insulin support and that she will be fine. Can't advise on dose, but suspect that 0.5 is too much. Maybe 0.25 to start, or even less, like a drop (just touching the zero line).

Hugs,
    Ella & Rusty

16. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Ella's suggestion is a good one. Think about calling local hospitals that have an outpatient pharmacy. A hospital pharmacy is more likely to break up a box since they are likely to have to send individual pens up to the floors of the hospital. Also, while it may not be the most economical, a vial will be half the cost of a box of pens which is cheaper in the short run.

17. Nicole & Baby

I just spoke with the vet, he is going to call a RX into Walmart for us, I plan to go over there in the next few hours & give her .25 (thanks, Ella!) geez.. I had forgotten about the .25 dose.. I don't even really remember the syringes I used to get.. amazed at how one forgets.. ***Just seeing Sienne's reply.. awesome, I am going to try & call a hospital.

18. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

((Nicole))
    I am just seeing this now.
    I really hope this is a short trip for Baby and hopefuly you could
    get some tests done at the vet to see if anyuthing is going on
    with her.
    Lots and lots of hugs for you guys

19. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Good luck getting a single pen. The hospital is a great idea. Do you think you could swing the blood work as well if you can get a single pen? I love seeing Baby's sweet face again, but not on a regular basis! :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.