Question for AlphaTrak users

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by arozeboom, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arozeboom

arozeboom Well-Known Member

Ruby has been OTJ since May \M/ , so I know the open container of AlphaTrak strips I have probably aren't the most reliable strips right now. I use the control solution to test them before I use one and it always comes up that they are still in range. But I also know that you shouldn't use them if the container has been open longer than 30 days.

As everyone knows Alpha strips are expennnnnnsive. And I have the original Alpha, not the Alpha2 and it seems the Alpha2 strips are the only ones available these days. ADW also it says they now require a physician order of a licensed veterinarian to order them.

I've also seen mentions that there could be some accuracy issues with using the old meter with the new strips. Has anyone else had this experience?

I do have a Relion Micro that I've used as a back up meter but because all of Ruby's numbers have been on the Alpha since mid January or so, is it a big deal if I switch back to the Relion?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.