question on food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Anyname, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anyname

Anyname Member

We've noticed a couple of times that Little Boy has had a big jump in BG after eating calf liver. Is it possible that some meats causes higher jump in numbers? LB went from 97 at 5pm to 364 at 7.30( PMPS). The only thing he'd eaten was the liver after the 5pm feed of liver. How much of a jump in BG is it reasonable to expect after food? Also is it normal practise to give small amounts of food often to keep the levels more even? If their numbers are in the healthy range is is good to keep them off food more than when their numbers are high?

please enjoy this item my daughter sent me from the UK. http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/1/hi/e ... 555266.stm

goodnite from this part of the world

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

The following is the nutrition of calf's liver. To me the breakdown would not say the the liver is worse than other similar foods. If Little Boy is not diabetic/on insulin the observed value would be indicative of diabetes, or maybe slow natural insulin production.

From:http://lifestyle.iloveindia.com/lounge/nutritional-value-of-calfs-liver-6533.html

Amount of Calf’s Liver: 4.00 oz-wt
    Total Weight of Calf’s Liver: 113.40 g

Nutrients
    Amount
    Basic Components

Protein
    24.53 g
    Carbohydrates
    3.08 g
    Water
    76.36 g
    Ash
    1.59 g
    Calories

Total Calories
    187.11 KJ
    Calories From Fat
    70.43 KJ
    Calories From Saturated Fat
    26.13 KJ
    Carbohydrates

Other Carbs
    3.08 g
    Cholesterol
    636.17 mg
    Fats

Total Fat
    7.83 g
    Saturated Fat
    2.91 g
    Mono Fat
    1.69 g
    Poly Fat
    1.24 g

3. Sophia

Sophia Well-Known Member

love that story about the stealing Oscar... thanks that is cute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.