? Question regarding FF Tender Beef and Chicken Feast Classic

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jeff D / Sketch, May 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff D / Sketch

Jeff D / Sketch Member

I don't see this included in the food lists of low carb wet cat food. Does anyone know if it is acceptable to use?
    Also how about the FF Tender Liver & Chicken Feast Classic? Anyone know what the carb content % is or know of another list these may be on? I checked the FF website and the specs look comparable to other FF Classics but they don't show a carb %. I have heard all the FF Classic Pate's are ok to use. True??

2. Lisa and Smoky

Lisa and Smoky Well-Known Member

All of the FF classics are OK to feed and are under 10% carbs. Did you happen to see Dr Pierson's newly updated list for wet cat food? There is a link to it on the main health forum.

3. Jeff D / Sketch

Jeff D / Sketch Member

Thanks Lisa and Smokey. I'll check out the updated list. The most current one I had found and downloaded was 2010.

4. Jeff D / Sketch

Jeff D / Sketch Member

I checked the list. Great list and data. Interesting though that the figures in this list are quite a bit different (lower carb %) for a lot of the foods than the previous lists I've seen. I wonder if the manufacturers have upgraded their products to lower carbs or if the previous lists were just a bit inaccurate??? Any thoughts

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  5. Lisa and Smoky

Lisa and Smoky Well-Known Member

I think it could be a little bit of both actually. The pet food industry for the most part is just trying to make a huge profit. I believe most of them try to cut corners to cut down on the overhead.
    Weruva is one of the few that I know of that is upfront about what is in their pet food.
    It is also possible that with the rise in various illnesses and diseases these companies want to cater to the customer and provide better ingredients in their products. I think this is why the holistic food market is looked on favourably these days.

6. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

I feed this to Dakota...I HOPE it's lc... :) He does too...doesn't seem to spike him.

7. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

You might want to read this too. :)
    http://minimalistbaker.com/garlic-herb-flatbread/

8. Jeff D / Sketch

Jeff D / Sketch Member

Probably right...you have to trust the info is accurate I guess. Dr. Pierson sure put a lot of time and effort into the list so I'll go with it and check occasionally for spikes.
    Phoebes....Sure thats the right link????Looks like it would be good for me though!...cats can't have garlic.

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  9. Phoebes (GA)

10. Dusty Bones

Dusty Bones Member

I feed Dusty FF Classics in chicken, beef, chicken & beef, tender liver & chicken, turkey giblets all the time and the seafood versions every now and then. No problems here.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    Jeff D / Sketch likes this.
  11. Jeff D / Sketch

Jeff D / Sketch Member

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  12. Phoebes (GA)

I just used all purpose flour 2 cups and 3/4 cup of water.

13. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Totally took the flatbread recipe too :smuggrin:.

storm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.