Question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cat Ma, Oct 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

@Cat Ma, I know how hard this news is. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. Try not to panic (yet). One step at a time, one paw at a time. Consult with the vet and get some advice for managing both issues. Please let us know what she says.

Cat Ma likes this.
  2. SpecklesandMe

SpecklesandMe Member

I'm sorry to hear about the early CKD. Please hang in there and let us know if you need anything. Bonnie is lucky to have such a good and vigilant cat mom.

Cat Ma likes this.
  3. Cat Ma

Cat Ma Well-Known Member

I suspect something else is also going on but have to wait for further results. I also suspect the meds given during her dental were too hard on her kidneys. She has completely lost interest in eating and is still voiding large amounts of urine despite fluids. I can't keep her weight up even with an appetite stimulant and force feedings. Even if she eats on her own, it's not enough. The hardest part is seeing this decline especially after her dental.

4. SpecklesandMe

SpecklesandMe Member

I wonder if this is the case, whether the kidney issues will be transient. Maybe after all the meds are cleared from her system, her kidneys might go back to normal? Some things can make kidney numbers temporarily go haywire (Mogs had written on another thread that dehydration can do this, for example). Fingers crossed!
    Please let us know when you get the additional results. I'm so sorry she's having these issues. Sending healing vines!

5. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

What meds were given?
    Low blood pressure can cause kidney damage. Anesthesia can cause low blood pressure. What anesthesia protocol was used for the dental?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.