Questions about Food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by JeanW, Jul 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeanW

JeanW Member

This information must here but I haven't found it. I appreciate any help and info.

How long can I leave wet food out before it's no longer good and I need to pick it up or throw it away?

I looked on the food chart but did not find Purina Prescription DM protein/carb/fat %. Should I be looking somewhere else?

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

upload_2018-7-17_22-22-13.png
    Most of us will leave it out all day ….if you add extra water, it'll keep it from drying out so bad. Remember, cats in the wild eat stuff that's been sitting out for days without problems. The acid in their stomachs is a lot stronger than ours and they're able to eat stuff that would gag a maggot (as my mom used to say)

Leah likes this.
  3. JeanW

JeanW Member

Chris & China, thanks for your response and your patience. I looked at that exact page but was thrown off for some reason when it said "Pro Plan Veterinary Diet". :blackeye: I guess my day has been too long. Thank you.

Good to know about leaving the food out. That being the case - that it's okay to leave it out all day - I've thrown away more food than I should have. :arghh: Thanks for the help.

Buzzy likes this.
  4. JeanW

JeanW Member

Ugh. I feel so confused at times and still feel too uninformed.

How do you decide which food is the right one?? After comparing the values on the food chart I don't know what is best.

How do YOU decide which one is best?

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

#1....the one my cat likes
    #2....the one I can afford
    #3....under 10% carbs

6. JeanW

JeanW Member

Thank you!!

7. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

Ditto on all parts of the response above. Last week Friskies seemed to be "the thing." Now Grandpa seemed to think "Friskies was sooo last week!" and Beyond is what the kool cats eat. Now that the kitchen looks like a Beyond supermarket, we're probably due for another cosmic shift.

8. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I leave it out all day and at the end offer what's left to my outside cats (feral spayed and neutered backyard colony). They are well feed so sometimes eat it sometimes not. Lol I put fresh food down in the evening and offer breakfast leftovers to the outsiders.

9. HereKittyKittyKitty

HereKittyKittyKitty Member

I feed 3 times a day and leave it out until I put out the next can. I've evidently gone "nose blind" because I posted here when we were transitioning to wet food about my house stinking like cat food :rolleyes:

Leah likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.