? Questions for ya'll

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sherrib, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sherrib

sherrib Well-Known Member

Im ordering Zobaline right now ( I have Amazon open on other tab)
    Skittles had bloodwork about 4 weeks ago and he was fine, I test his urine with keto strips a few times a week and to my old eyes that need bifocals sometimes I see a Trace, but my 16 yr old will say....no it beige ( which means none)

I think he is safe to start Zobaline w/o the stress of taking him in for more bloodwork. He FREAKS out in the car. he hasnt need any insulin since the morning of 12/5. (see his SS) he has started running around, playing more and jumping over the baby gate but his back legs down always clear the gate. he has also jumped up on my daughters bed a few time ( mine is very high, I have to climb up on it myself)

he does need a dental bad! but I cant afford it right now ,Im not working :(
    Im scared that a trip to the vet for bloodwork might send him out of remission. I know he HAS to have his teeth done, but Im so worried about him getting it done...but then again if he doesnt that can be bad too! when I can get his teeth done, I was going to get ALL bloodwork done before they even put him under.

Do ya'll agree with me?

2. sherrib

I also have this same post in another thread

3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why you think you need to put Skittles on Zobaline. It is used for peripheral neuropathy and if he can jump over a baby gate and up onto a bed, I doubt he has peripheral neuropathy. I would save my money for the dental which is important to do if it needs doing and you want to keep him in remission.

I agree that it is sometimes hard to distinguish between none and trace with the ketone test. If your 16 year old says no trace than that is probably right!

4. sherrib

Sorry for the misunderstanding, he has it pretty bad but has just started doing the stuff I listed. He walks on his rear hocks only, sounds like a elephant walking.

5. sherrib

That's why I took him to the vet to start with, he didn't show any signs of having diabetes. At least compared to my other cat he didn't show any of the signs my first one did. Just the rear legs.

6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

OK I see why you want to get the Zobaline then if he is walking on his hocks! :)

7. sherrib

I just shoot a short video , if someone tells me how I will post it.

8. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

If you put your video on YouTube, you can post it here by clicking on the icon that looks like 2 little film strips ( 2 icons to the right of the "smiley"...it's called "media") and a new little box will pop up for you to put the link in

9. sherrib

Do you know if you do it the same way using Vimeo?

10. sherrib

11. sherrib

Did the video work? If it did I will post a longer one

12. sherrib

Another short one

13. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes it worked!!...and yes, that's diabetic neuropathy!

Here's another video of a cat with diabetic neuropathy and how far back she came with Zobaline and getting the blood glucose under control

14. sherrib

Glad you can see it , just from those short ones you can see how he is. I'm gonna post a better & longer one too

15. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Did your vet check his potassium levels? Squallie was starting to walk like that and I figured it was probably diabetic neuropathy, but it turned out to be a potassium deficiency. Might ask your vet to check, just in case, if the Zobaline doesn't seem to do the trick. :)

Critter Mom likes this.
  16. sherrib

I can check what test they did, I get copies of everything that gets do for my pets and put them in a binder in case there is ever a emergency ( or I switch vets) so that I have their records with me.
    Back in Oct he was DX w both neuropathy & diabetes. I just ordered the neuropathy meds and it should be here next week.
    Later I can post his labs numbers, I'm all my cell right now

Critter Mom and Squalliesmom like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.