? Questions on filling in Spreadsheet…

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by JohnZ, Jun 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnZ

JohnZ Member

I need to set up and start using a Spreadsheet for Derek and have some basic questions…

Looks like the Spreadsheet is set up to enter just 1 reading at just 1 hour intervals and only covers a 12 hour time frame between shots…

How do I handle (enter) those times when multiple readings need to be taken in a hour (for example- the hourly number is abnormally low and several readings need to be taken before the next hourly reading)?

How about (how to enter) when there’s more than 12 hours between shots… let’s say a +13, +13 1/3, +13 2/3 and a +14 (for example- the per-shot number is low, needs to be monitored and am looking for a rebound, before deciding to shot… this just happened yesterday)?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

3. JohnZ

JohnZ Member

Thanks for that...

The cells don't seem to automatically chance color when entering more then one value... is that correct? Am I doing something wrong?

4. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

That's correct - the conditional formatting that colors the cell can only work if there's just one value entered. For cells where you have more than one result to enter, you have to color them manually by selecting the cell then clicking on the paint can icon at the top of the screen - then you just choose the color you need depending on the numbers you've got. I always used the color for the lowest of the numbers if there was a number from more than one range - so if one of the numbers is under 50 but the next one is just over, I would use the color for below 50 so that anyone looking at the sheet can see instantly that there was a low reading during that hour. :)

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

If you go past +12 occasionally, you just enter it in the next available cell (like +14 from AMPS would go in the PMPS +2 cell) and you can put something like "98 @ +14" in that cell and color code it yourself

6. JohnZ

JohnZ Member

Thanks! Great suggestions- now I need to take/find the time to a enter all my data.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.