Questions & Things I have tried with Jax to get his numbers down

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jax A, May 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jax A

Jax A New Member

hello,
    this board and memebers have been a huge help. I posted this on the intro fourm. I took Jax 10 year old Flame Point Siamese kitty to the vet first week of February this year right after first noticing he was drinking tons of water and bigger clumps in the litter box. Blood labs confirmed high glucose number 466 (but this may have been a higher reading due to being severly stressed by the visit.) I've been home testing and have switched his diet but his numbers are still high most consitstntly between 210 - 235 after taking him totally off dry food and switched to all hi - protein wet food only.

I've been really hoping and trying to get his numbers in a safe range before comitting to insulin, though I am not going to wait much longer because I don't want do further damage to his kidneys and circulatory system. It's been pretty challeging so far, and I started him on Royal Canin Gycobalance, and then I further rotated in addittion to that to Fancy Feast Pate classic dinners and also Weruva ad B.F.F. .. mostly only the fflavors and varieties that looked good on the cat food carbs .pdf list i found here, thanks!

I started trying these other homeopathic remedies including trying to get him to consumer some juniper berry tea, (junisperus monosperma) I got from mountain rose herbs, but I think someting like this that causes the pancreas to produce more insulin is not what I should be doing with Type 2 becuase vet and some nurses I know have said, it's not probably that his pancreas isn't producing enough insulin, it's absorbtion problem with his body not properly absorbing what insulin is currently being produced. He has consistantly stayed in hyperglycemic range above 180 and typicall reads 200 - 235 before meals or in between meals

Has anyone every tried the product Sweet Eze? I ordered some, but it's one capsule for a 100 lb human dosage. I spoke to biochemeist at the company and he said it is safe for a cat, but getting the right dosage is not easy, and don't want him to get too much and cause ketonic shock. Chemist said, can either get an expensive mg scale or mix one capsule in five cans of food and then remeasure out one can weight 3 - 3.3 oz serving, no more than two servings a day with the sweet-eze and test his numbers and make sure they don't go hypoglycemic. I know some people might say, get Jax on insulin like now and stop trying these things..just thought would post and see what some people thoughts are. Jax is an indoor cat, but I go out with him for short supervised visits and he trots around some and is not showing any signs of neuropathy...he has gone from 12.4 pounds down to 9 now since comming of dry food. Thanks everyone, oh I'm Tony by the way

2. Jax A

Jax A New Member

oh this is what the ingredients in Sweet Eze is ..

Sweet Eze ingredients.jpg

3. Jax A

Jax A New Member

I should also mention,...since he no longer has any grazing food or kibble - I did start giving him some Orijen brand (from Canada) cat treats becuase his drop in weight. I started feeding him some of the Orijen treats 1-2 months ago. He really likes them becuase it is not wet food and sort of resembles dry food that he really used to like,, -- apparently Orijen treats are only freeze dried meat only -- but it is super expensive and he wants them constantly but I only give him small amounts and then sometimes when he won't eat wet food, he'll eat some of those and then start eating his wet food afterwards. Before I noticed any problem and took him to the vet in Feb, he got wet food at night and had Trader Joes Holistic kibble whenever he wanted to graze, and when his drinking water and bigger clumps in the litter box symptom kicked off, he started consuming almost twice as much dry food, that went on for a week, before I notices something was up, but I did take him off it pretty drastically, but he transitioned alright and his blood sugar never crashed.

4. JennRoss86

JennRoss86 Member

Merrick Limited Ingredient Diet! Wet only. Look at my new post in this forum!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.