Questions

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lesley Noble, May 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lesley Noble

Lesley Noble New Member

Hello all feline diabetic compadres. My cat, is newly diagnosed but this diagnosis came early and she is responding well within a week.

Where is the most economical place to purchase Vetsulin and U-40 Syringes? I have mastered the injections but not the blood draw. She was tested at a one-week interval and was 175......which is very good. Maybe with a change in diet she can go into remission. Hopeful.

However, today she is not as hungry and/or eating as she usually is. Is that a sign of anything?

This is a bit confusing even though I have read everything I could find on this issue.

Thanks for all replies.

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Probably online, as vets often have a mark up
    ADW may have U-40 syringes, though you can use a conversion table to use the U-100 syringes which may be purchased at most pharmacies (some states require an Rx for these)

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Here is how to do the conversion to use U100 syringes with U40 insulin. Make sure when you report a dose you report the units of the U40 insulin injected and not how for on the U100 syringe you drew up the U40 insulin
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/insulin-conversions.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.