quick update: Celi is a rookie, but Binks is a pro!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by mybuddybinks, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Just a quick update:

work has been chaotic, and i've been returned to total rookie status with lantus :oops:
    on 2/14 binks went below 100 when i was unable to monitor, so i lied shamelessly to my boss, got home to check him at +6...
    he hadnt gone up from the HC i gave him at +2 so i panicked and fed him over a tablespoon of Karo :oops:

i'm raising him by .25 increments rather than .5 due to my inability to monitor...
    his new numbers have been added to his "NEW SS" under the black line...

love to you all...we'll do all we can to began posting a condo and visiting others.

celi & binks

[​IMG]

2. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Hey, Celi, good to hear from you! I'm glad Binks is finding some lower floors. Nice and easy, right, Binks?
    Liz

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It's amazing how that knowledge seems to disappear when you've been away from the routine for a while. I hope your schedule will allow you to get Binks in to see a vet in the near future.

4. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

I understand the panic, especially being away from the routine and not being around to monitor. It'll come back, don't worry. Meanwhile, I'm sure Binks was loving the karo! :lol:

5. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Good to hear from you. Paws crossed Binksy settles down soon and so does your life. don't worry about condos, we'll come to you! :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon cat_pet_icon cat_pet_icon cat_pet_icon cat_pet_icon cat_pet_icon

6. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yup, we'll come visit your condo! Binksy, you've got to keep close tabs on your mamabean. Never know what she'll do next!!

Have a fine evening, guys,

Lots of hugs,

Ella & Rusty

7. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

hope binks is back on the wagon before u have a chance to remember half of what u used to know...

8. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

hope binks is back on the wagon before u have a chance to remember half of what u used to know...

9. Bruce & Simon

Bruce & Simon Well-Known Member

Hi Celi :smile:

Love that picture... Chloe is our TP monitor :lol:

Simon came back for another go-round in Nov. It does all come back, including the panic :lol:
    I hope Binks gets back on "the straight & narrow" soon ;-)

10. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh bummer Celi sorry Binks is back on the juice (shows you how often I read everything). But it's SO nice to see your sense of humor and his cute l'il face in these parts again. You'll do fine, you always do. And so will Mr. Binks :D

11. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Celi and Binks hate to hear that Binks is on juice again hope its brief.....and thank you so much for the vines for Mr Do Lou cat_pet_icon :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

12. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Hi guys .. oh yes, that unforgettable panic .. you'll be back to pro status in no time .. hopefully right as you are packing your bags and heading back out of here!

13. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Dorothy get yourself back to the Falls!

14. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

hehe a tablespoon of karo, eh? ;-) i hear ya - it's hard to monitor when you're working. i reduced punkin's dose by .25u yesterday morning just cuz the preshot was 193 and no one was going to be home for several hours.

oh well, keeping them alive is more important than keeping them in pretty numbers. work is such an inconvenience for us diabetic cat parents! :lol:

glad to see a Binks post, celi! it's always great to see you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.