Raffy is not Pink Panther:)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gurkan&Raffy, Feb 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gurkan&Raffy

Gurkan&Raffy Member

Good morning to all. With a new strategy he has been surfing between seaside and Lagoon.
    He is on 3U R and 28U Levemir, and i ve divided his daily portion into 4 pieces, and he is going quite good.
    I hope we ll see lower doses soon.

Bronx's dad (GA) and Juliet like this.
  2. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Wow! Blues with some green! This is good! Glad to know Raffy has decided not to be a pink panther, after all!

Gurkan&Raffy likes this.
  3. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

:smuggrin:

Great numbers looks like you found the magic dose! (For now:D)

4. Gurkan&Raffy

Gurkan&Raffy Member

Absolutely magic dose, but quite high... Maybe some day they can come down.

5. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad you have found something that is working to bring Raffy down out of the pinks. :cool:

6. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Well look at that! How happy you must be to see these numbers! :D:cool::D:cool:

7. Gurkan&Raffy

Gurkan&Raffy Member

You can not belive :) Since May 2017 we ve been looking for the right dose....
    Many many thx to all.
    (Special thx to @Wendy&Neko )

Stacy & Asia and Sean & Rufus like this.
  8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

9. Gurkan&Raffy

Gurkan&Raffy Member

Good morning/ afternoon to all.
    Since yesterday morning (last 4 shots) i am not giving R anymore.
    Raffy is still surfing between seaside and Lagoon.
    He has started to behave like a normal cat. ( water consuption is %75 less, not crying for food)
    With these BG levels, should i keep the dose same or can i make any dose decrease?

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Great news that you haven't had to use R lately. Raffy's looking great on his spreadsheet and it's excellent news he's feeling better.

Typically we wait for cats to earn a reduction before reducing the dose. For people following Tight Regulation, that means going below 50 on a human meter. Since he has given you some numbers in the 50's, it's up to you if you want to try to do a little bit of an decrease to bring the nadirs up to a less worrying number. It looks like Raffy is thinking he might want a reduction soon, so you could also wait if you are able to monitor. I think the decision depends on how much you can monitor. If Neko was giving me 50's nadirs and I needed sleep, I would occasionally do a "temporary" reduction, which she often held. So, option 1 is to hold the dose until he earns a reduction if you are around to monitor. Option 2 is to do a reduction and see if he holds it. Your choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.