Ran out of Vetsulin. Someone is offering Prozinc. Okay to accept?

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Lucifer's Minion, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Lucifer's Minion

Lucifer's Minion Member

Hi, my cat was diagnosed with diabetes about four months ago, and has been on Vetsulin ever since; currently at 3 units twice a day.

This morning I used up the last of the vial and was about to head to the vet to pick up the refill, but they had closed much earlier than I was expecting. I've been asking around on various channels, and someone local says they have Prozinc. Can someone give me a quick and dirty on whether this would be acceptable for the next 1.5 days while I continue to research on my own?

Not sure if this post should be in the Prozinc or Vetsulin forum...

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Andrew, I suggest you copy your post and create a new thread on the Main Health forum LINK and paste your message there, as more members monitor that forum to help out.

It's a Saturday and many members are running errands, out enjoying the last days of summer or ???, and may not be checking in on either the Vetuslin or Prozinc forums as usual. I will tag some of the more experienced members that may be looking in periodically today, hopefully to get you an answer.

@MrWorfMen's Mom
    @Bron and Sheba (GA)
    @Djamila
    @Rachel
    @Red & Rover (GA)

3. Lucifer's Minion

Lucifer's Minion Member