Raw diet success!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by dillybeed, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dillybeed

dillybeed New Member

Hi, I put Sam on Nature's Variety Instinct Raw diet, he's about 70% on the raw and 30% on Wellness, he does snack on dry as well. After about 6wks he lost approx 1/2lb, but I was able to, vet approved, reduce his insulin by half!!

2. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

That's great :thumbup

If you completely get rid of the dry food, you might see an even better blood gluocse response and may need to reduce the insulin a bit more. Your cat can snack on canned food or on a few pieces of low carb healthy treats instead.

Are you feeding the medallions? Those are in easy 1 ounce portion sizes and you can control how many ounces of food your cat gets to help with weight loss.

Nature's Variety has a new kibble-shaped raw food called Raw Bites. It's the same formulation as the regular frozen raw, just in a different shape. http://www.instinctpetfood.com/instinct-raw-food-dogs-and-cats You could use a few pieces of these as snacks, too.

3. dillybeed

dillybeed New Member

Yes I am feeding him the medallions, it takes a lot of the guess work out!! I'll check if the Raw Bites is available in Canada, thanks for the info.

4. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

That' great!

I have those medallions too. But my girl will only eat one every few days. I keep showing them to her but she just likes her canned food.
    I've even been trying putting on sprinkles of parmesan, or the bonito flakes, or freeze dried shrimp to get her interested.

5. Martica and Fred

Martica and Fred Member

For those of you having trouble getting your kitty to like the raw stuff--all you have to do is sprinkle a little bit of FortiFlora on it and they'll eat it right up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.