Raw food?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by JeanW, May 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeanW

JeanW Member

2. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA) Well-Known Member

A lot of people do! Hang on for replies. I fed Minnie Smallbatch for a while but don’t do it now. It’s sadly only available in CA

jt and trouble (GA) and JeanW like this.
  3. JeanW

JeanW Member

Thank you!

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I feed Primal and Small Batch.

5. Liang & Nathan

Liang & Nathan Member

I happened to find this food in Target. It is one pound bag, price $5.39. And on that day there was 15% off pet food, so I bought one bag to see if Nathan likes it, and so far he does.

It seems to use quite good ingredient, and I calculated the % of calories. If I did it right, protein 39-40%, fat 50%, carbs 10-11%. Correct me if I am wrong.

The carbs % is a bit over 10%, but I feed Nathan with other low carbs (2-8%) canned food, so the average carbs % of his diet will be under 10%.

The one pound food has 862 calories, so if a cat needs 170-180 calories daily, it will last 5 days. It is about the same price (if not cheaper) of FF Classic pate canned food.

I may buy more especially if Target has a coupon on it.

Attached Files:

JeanW likes this.
  6. JeanW

JeanW Member

Do you feed the Primal freeze dried or the version that needs to be refrigerated?

Is Small Batch the same thing as Smalls?
    https://www.smallsforsmalls.com/

I didn't buy Smalls for Smalls yet because I can't get in contact with them. Their website says to text them but I have yet to get a response.

I bought the Primal freeze dried and none of my 4 cats will pay any attention to it at all after it's rehydrated and ready to eat. :(

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  7. JeanW

JeanW Member

This food really does seem to use good ingredients. I've tried this one also but none of my cats like it either. Finicky bunch.

I've ordered two more foods - waiting for them to arrive - and praying one of them is the magic solution.

Open Farm Pet - https://openfarmpet.com/products/homestead-turkey-rustic-blend

And Raised Right - https://www.raisedrightpets.com/product/adult-cat-recipe/ - this one looks more hopeful as far as the ingredients and the texture of the food. They have a money back guarantee within 14 days. Their customer service has been great and really responsive so far. The food won't arrive until the middle of next week.

8. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks great info! :bighug:

JeanW likes this.
  9. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I feed a raw diet to my cats but I make it up myself. Make sure the food you are buying doesn’t have preservatives in it.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.