Re: 3/31 Tugger PMPS 79 +2 106 +4 94

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marvie and Tugger, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Yesterday:

http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10619

Tugger is in a good mood today, he must have had a great time last night! I don't know what time he strolled in, but boy oh boy was he hungry this morning! I thought those couple of hours were going to drag on forever and ever, and so did all the kitties ;) I hope one day they figure out that I'm not going to give them food till shot time lol. When they start stalking me confused_cat I tell them "Sorry y'all, it's +10 so I have to take it away, you can have it back in two hours if all goes well" but so far it's not doing any good.

AMPS 112
    +2 90
    +5 100
    +6 109
    +10 109

PMPS 79

2. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Re: 3/31 Tugger AMPS 112

Beautiful.

3. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Re: 3/31 Tugger AMPS 112

Tess must have had a good time too, she's back in the window watching for any stragglers slipping home on their moonbeams. Still dark enough here.

4. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/31 Tugger AMPS 112 +2 90

Looking good! I've got to run out for a bit to get food and litter and drooler food, be out a couple of hours since I have to drive almost to Norfolk for the drooler's food. Ugh. Figure I'll hit up Petco since it's just down the street from the place I get his stuff.

There's food out so I think Tug should be ok, I don't see him dropping to a bad place in just a couple of hours... but figured I'd see if more experienced folks think the same way before I head out. I can wait till this afternoon when the brat is home if I have to, but I had planned to use that time to haul a bunch of crap to the street for trash day so I'd rather go now.

5. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/31 Tugger AMPS 112 +2 90 quick ?

Beautiful start to the day, Marvie. :smile:

I heard Tugger had a good time at the party, but Checkers wouldn't give details. :D

6. Marvie and Tugger

Yeah, Tug won't talk either. I guess there's some sort of pact going on. We probably don't want to know ;)

7. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Marvie and Tugger, looks like a nice start to the day for you two! Scrabble is really tired this morning and was very excited when I got home from work last night so I am thinking he had a good time at the party last night! I honestly think the moon effected his numbers last night because they were so weird but we are back on track today!!!

8. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/31 Tugger AMPS 112 +2 90 +5 100 +6 109

I was out for +4 and +5 but it doesn't look like he went very low. The food was all gone when I got back and they were STARVING of course. So I let them try Merrick Cowboy Cookout, I found it at the dog wash where I buy Boomer's food. Half of them loved it, half of them were pretty "meh, it's food" but they ate it. I picked up a couple cans of each flavor they had to test. Is 69 cents for a 3oz a can reasonable for this stuff? This is the first place I've seen that carried it. It won't be a staple at that price, but if they like them I could give 'em as snacks once in a while.

Right now everyone is checking out the toy I got Echo. It's a ball that has a mouse in it that squeaks when it's moved. So far they are more freaked out by it than interested, we'll see how it goes lol. They were checking it out and showing some hesitant interest, but I flicked it and it scared Boomer. Apparently, anything that scares Boo is Bad News.

9. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Nice comfy curve for Tugger today. His numbers are looking good.

I usually pay $1.39 for Merrick in 5.5oz. cans, so 69cents isn't bad for the 3oz. Unfortunately Tess hates Cowboy Cookout (that's the one Dr. Lisa says is almost the perfect equivalent of a "mouse meal") the Southern Delight and Surf and Turf are an acceptable offerings though. Oddly, she also won't touch the Merrick Before Grains 100% chicken. Usually, chicken is her fave.

10. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

Hank LOVES cowboy cookout. One of the few we've tried out of all the new varities we are sampling, that he went GaGa over. And it wasn't just a one time deal. I bought more and he like it on round 2 also. That the one that supposedly mimicks the makeup of a mouse per Dr. Lisa's site.
    We paid i think 1.35 for the bigger 5.5oz cab, but that's with a pet club discount. So actually that's agood deal you got.
    He was nto interested at all in the other varities of their's we tried..they went bad & got tossed.

Ya'll have really great numbers today.

i need to read back through some of your psots...were you able to get your civvies on canned? My other is a carb addict and NOT interested whatsoever. There has been only one of all these foods he even would take a lick of. He woud rather starve. I have to try and convert him. He has access...but doesn't partake. you can bring 'em to water...

11. Marvie and Tugger

I did get everyone on canned, Bella has been a bit of a hold out though. She hates the LC stuff. She will eat the HC stuff I have in the hypo kit for Tugger though. The higher the carbs, the happier she is to eat it. She turns her nose up at anything under 10%. I've been trying a lot of different flavors on her and she's pretty consistent about it. Fortunately, she will eat on a counter that Tugger can't get to so I'm just going to start offering her HC stuff up there. She's lost some weight since she's been on food strike, and while she could probably stay where she is right now, I'm not sure I'd want her to loose much more than she has. She's the slimmest of the adults and I think she's pretty much perfect for her shape.

The rest of them will eat at least some of pretty much anything I put out. I'm noticing a lack of enthusiasm for beef and liver, but otherwise it's been pretty easy. I guess I just had to wait for them to decide to eat it on their own. Because I didn't force the issue, I just noticed one day that they had suddenly started finishing their kibble almost as soon as it was put out and it had happened a couple of days in a row. So, since they were freaking about empty bowls and I was stubborn about not giving more kibble than they were allowed, I decided to give them canned and see what happened. They are it with motors running. So that night I fed some more and they ate it again. The next day, the boy fed kibble at breakfast and when I got up an hour later it was nearly gone. So I gave more cans and just never put kibble out again. Thank Bast I knew enough to be testing because that's when Tugger decided he needed less than half the dose I'd been giving him and it took all of about... what? a minute and a half for him to decide that lol. It's been a heck of a ride so far!

12. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

I know...ya'll have just been literally amazing... The poster- cat for LC diet transformation.

i feed Elvis his dry in the garage...put it there when we were diagnosed, and that's how it has stayed. So far Hankie hasn't gotten in there. But what happens when i leave town. he will have no access whatsoever. I am going to keep working on him.
    He has eaten some bites of the Evo dry and seems to like it ok. I may try to transition him that way. Old carb dry -to- low carb dry with canned out for the taking if he will ever partake. it's there now, he just bypasses.

Funny the 100% beef/liver is the only one Elvie was interested in. (SOrganic)
    Hank liked the Evo 95% venison we tried this morning, even though he has not liked most of their others. Who knew he was a deer boy!

Aren't these funny finicky guys. I am hemorrhaging $$ for him to be turning his nose up at these things.

I can't believe these numbers...ya'll are dropping through the floor. So happy for Tugger & you.

13. D and Noisy

Lovely Tugger day.
    Looks like a good setup for another 15 minutes early tonight, if you like.

14. Marvie and Tugger

Good deal =) 15 mins early it is!

15. D and Noisy

As usual, if numbers do something surprising then you'll rethink it but really 15 minutes is not a big deal.

16. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/31 Tugger AMPS 112 +2 90 +5 100 +6 109 +10 109

I doubt we'll see much of a surprise =)

I had a moment of WTF? earlier when the PS came to do his test, it was +7 and hers showed 153 but an immediate retest showed 109 so I think it was because her first try at getting blood she tried to use too small of a sample and it didn't fill the strip completely before it beeped. That's my theory anyway. I spent a second or two wondering just wtf he got into to get that big a jump in an hour before I realized we should maybe try again because it was so out of whack. There was (still is) a stranger in the house, because Youngerson brought home a female friend and then the PS rang the bell which made the dog go nutz and then there was an almost stranger messing with him, so I also thought for a second it might be stress but the second test came back with a nice pretty number that brought my heart rate back down. I know it's not THAT huge of a jump, but it was weird after those low 100's when I knew he hadn't eaten or anything. Very glad to see it was a fake number though =)

17. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/31 Tugger PMPS 79

I shot at 8:00 but was in the kitchen talking with Youngerson after and didn't get it posted. PMPS at 79, Youngerson hesitated (he tested) but I had him shoot it, I've shot lower recently and the shot was only ten mins early. I'm here to monitor and I guess Bast whispered to me because I stopped and got a triple espresso :coffee: a couple of hours ago... so I think we'll be ok :mrgreen:

18. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/31 Tugger PMPS 79

I'll be curious to see if you have any action tonight. Knowing Tugger, he's probably getting bored with this dose.

19. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/31 Tugger PMPS 79 +2 106?

OK, wth? Could the 79 have been the off number? I was sitting right there with them when the boy tested. I helped him get a bigger drop of blood and watched it fill the strip. I don't get it. 106 follows today's numbers better though.

20. Marvie and Tugger

I'm going to take a bath, then I'll probably grab a bedtime number. The coffee has worn off, a lot. I just want to make sure there are no big surprises before I go to sleep. Should be close to +5 for bedtime check. It'll tell e if I need to stay up or if I can just make sure there is food before I go to sleep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.