Readings are high today...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Arkali, Aug 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkali

Arkali Member

Gypsy's numbers are climbing back up today. They've been down around the 150s. Today they've been progressively climbing and the last one is almost 300 :-( I don't know if I just didn't give her enough insulin (those frigging hash marks are SOOO tiny) or what. I feel her fur after after every shot, so I don't think I've been giving furshots. Is this normal and I just need to calm down, or...?

2. Arkali

Arkali Member

Aaand... 337 this morning (+9). So still climbing. *sigh*

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Arkali likes this.
  4. Arkali

Arkali Member

Thanks. I'm thinking I'll up tomorrow if she's still high.

5. FurBabiesMama

Are you following TR or SLGS? It is strongly recommended that you review them and pick one to follow, at least initially, rather than just making subjective dose changes.

6. Arkali

Arkali Member

SLGS. Tomorrow will be one week home for her, though we had a hiccup starting out (the vet had told me to do a sliding scale), but since that got squared away, her numbers have been fairly stable.

7. FurBabiesMama

You sure test a lot for SLGS. :) You test enough for TR.

8. Arkali

Arkali Member

Should I test less? I should go back and look at the protocol guidelines again. Lord knows Gypsy would give you raspy-tongued kisses if it meant her ear getting pricked less. I'd be grateful too :) Chalk it up to me being overcautious :)

9. FurBabiesMama

I am big on testing because I cannot imagine trying to manage this well without knowing what is going on. I was just surprised that you test as much as you do yet you are not following TR. My understanding is that SLGS is usually the option for someone who cannot test as often... it is a more cautious approach.

10. Arkali

Arkali Member

Gotcha. I work from home and I can test more often and don't mind doing so. Gypsy's fairly easygoing too (thank God). Honestly, Tight Regulation is a bit confusing to me. I may look at again after I've kind of gotten the hang of what we're doing now. It's a lot to take in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.