Rec. for tasty joint supplement?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jess & Earl, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jess & Earl

Jess & Earl Member

Dillon has declined to enjoy his food with Cosequin for some time now and I am looking for a palatable, easily-consumed (he has no teeth) joint supplement. We tried "Hip Action" a while ago and it stinks (it smells bad) to both of us and is rather rubbery. So I'm looking for a powder or soft chewy for The Orange One. No Adequan for logistical reasons.

2. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

I use pet naturals of vermont joint formula. It copnsists of msm, glucosamine and chrondoitin. Come in little chewble firsh forms that can easily be broken into mucjh smaller pieces or even crumbs if you need that. Use your hand or a knife both work. Now its not so fd friendly but it has the needed ingredients.

Sydney is on it and works great and buster gets one treat so she doesn't feel left out. The best deal I found is at lucky vitamin online. Less than 3 dollars a bag

3. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Jess, were you using the capsules of Cosequin for Cats? B.K. eats the food right up and acts like it is tasteless.

4. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Maybe something on this site you can use? I've pasted just a part to show you how to link to the site and sign in. It is info from this site where I order my doggie shampoo which is awesome. http://www.petcarenaturally.com/dr_shawn.php

Products Including Glycoflex

VetriScience is one of my favorite supplement companies. They make wonderful products for dogs, cats, and horses, and I use many of them in helping treat my patients. They are one of the few companies to receive the NASC (National Animal Supplement Council) “Seal of Approval.” This guarantees you that the products are manufactured to the highest specifications (very few companies receive the NASC “Seal of Approval.”)

I recommend you check out their great selection of products, including the Glycoflex products and their new weight control supplement, VetriLean.

Visit the VetriScience web site.

Please use the following login information when ordering VetriScience products: Username: paws22
    Password: claws22

5. Jess & Earl

Jess & Earl Member

Yes, Dillon used to eat the Cosequin capsule-contents with food, though without enthusiasm, but now he just argues with the foster cat over his (untainted) bowl and no one wants the Cosequin'd food. Vetri-Science does make good products, but Dillon doesn't have teeth so I'd have to mash the pills all the time. I am willing to do it, but was hoping to find some soft treat or known-to-be-palatable liquid or powder first.

Thank you for the suggestions :)

6. maryjoandsmokie

maryjoandsmokie Member

I give Dasuquin to Smokie and Fluffy.
    It is powder in a capsule.

7. gingerand((calliope))(GA)

gingerand((calliope))(GA) Member

I gave dasuquin to Calliope, also. She lapped it up on top of the food and I had to keep some of the other cats away from it because they liked it, also. It's chicken flavored. To make sure she got it all, I'd put a little food in the bowl and mix the dasuquin in it, so she would eat that first. Then, I would put down the rest of her food. She was a grazer, so she didn't eat a lot at once. She'd eat off much of the top of the food, but not all, so I wasn't sure if she was getting all of the powder since the other cats would visit her bowl if some was left over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.