? Reduction question

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Summers Mom, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summers Mom

Summers Mom Member

Summer is on high dose of lantus. Early this AM, she had 8 greens in a row. Last low number was 60 but she may have gotten near 50 or lower but i laid down on the couch and fell asleep for 1 1/2 hrs!! I am so upset that i didn't stay awake to find out what happened between her low bg of 60 to the 101 bg of when i woke up. I didn't get in the bed until 4 am this morning and was so tired from being up. I am just so glad she is ok.
    So my question about a reduction is do i give just a reduction of .25 if she goes below 50 OR being i am increasing by .5 each time because of high dosage, would i give a bigger reduction of .5? Or would i just give the .25 reduction when the time comes? Thanks in advance

2. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Typically, you would reduce by the same amount that you increase by, so when Summer earns a reduction, it would be .5.

Last night was exhausting for you, for sure, but those numbers are exactly what you want!!!! :D Next time you have a run like that going, be sure to post and ask for help. We might have been able to ease your mind and let you get some sleep! Were you feeding her all along? Just her regular food or MC or HC? Or was she surfing on her own? Don't beat yourself up about falling asleep. We've all done it. Fortunately, it was pretty late in the cycle, and she was safe.

Summers Mom likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Last night was indeed a lovely cycle! She was mostly surfing from +5 to +7, all numbers within meter variance, so I wouldn't worry that you missed a low. If you are following TR, unless you see a number below 50, we don't guess what might have been.

I agree with Tricia on the reduction amount. And her question about feeding. If you gave her any extra food or anything out of the ordinary, it's worth noting it in the Remarks section. That way, if you see lower greens again, you can see what you did previously, and how it worked.

4. Summers Mom

Summers Mom Member

I fed her normal raw at PMPS and then i gave her some raw at 6 hrs later which is when i laid down at 2:30. Thank you for your response!

5. Summers Mom

Summers Mom Member

I will for sure be taking notes about the food in the ss. Thanks for bringing that to my attention and for your response!

6. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Wow Summer, quite the green bean last night! :D:D:D:D

Looks like you may swap blues and yellows for blues and greens soon! :)

Summers Mom likes this.
  7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Nice cycle! She is looking good! :D

Summers Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.