ReliOn Confirm/Micro test strips

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mel and Joe, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mel and Joe

Mel and Joe Member

I'm using a ReliOn Confirm meter from Wal-Mart. I believe it's the replacement for the ReliOn Micro quite a few people use.

I like the meter itself. It's the only meter I've tried but I've seen other people complain that their meters require too much blood to get a reading or they turn off too quickly. Definitely not a problem with this meter.

Getting test strips, however, is proving to be a challenge. As far as I know they are only available from Wal-Mart and Sams. I live in a metro area so there's no shortage of stores, but I just went to 3 different stores in 3 days and only came up with 1 box of strips. At the rate we're going through strips right now this is going to be a problem.

Does anyone else have experience with this meter and know if it's always this hard to find strips?

Or do you have reccomendations for another meter that's as easy to use as this one and takes inexpensive strips that I can either order on-line or find in pretty much any pharmacy?

2. JJ & Gwyn

JJ & Gwyn Member

It's not the same thing, but the local Walmart in my area frequently didn't have the syringes we use in stock. Eventually, I'd call them up and ask them if they had them in stock. If they did, I'd head over and pick up a couple of boxes; if they didn't, I'd ask them to order them and hold a box for me. The syringes almost always arrived the following afternoon, and I'd run over in the evening and pick them up.

I know the strips aren't the same as the syringes, but perhaps something similar might work in your case? It certainly can't hurt to call and ask if they can order them for you.

3. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Also, are you checking with pharmacy or just looking at what is on the shelf. Most of the time, I have to ask the pharmacy for my Relion Ultima strips because they keep them behind the counter.

4. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Can't you order from Walmart online?

I use the Maxima AST meter that I got from Hocks. Several people here recommended it and I like it. Strips are $17/50, a little less if you but in quantity, then you get free shipping too. I've recently found them on Ebay for about half that price. Maybe the Relion strips would be available there too.

5. Mel and Joe

Mel and Joe Member

The Ultima strips seem to be available online but not confirm/micro (at least that I can find). Maybe because it's a newer product.

Thanks for the tips. I'm definitely going to call next time before I head over!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.