Relion confirm question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Adam Flowers, Sep 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Flowers

Adam Flowers Member

I will be starting Mogee on insulin tonight. He will get 2 units, twice a day. I have been testing at home with the relion confirm meter.

Can someone explain to me the difference in numbers compared to a pet meter?

How accurate is the relion confirm in comparison to other meters?

Attached Files:

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Many people use this ReliOn meter and find that it works well for them. It takes only a tiny drop of blood to give you a reading and that's what you want.

Human meters read lower than pet meters and that difference is larger at high BG numbers and smaller at low numbers. The important thing to know is what reading signifies that the BG is dropping too low. It's 50 on a human meter and 68 on a pet meter. That's the point where you want to monitor more and feed small snacks to prevent the BG from dropping too much lower. Don't try to convert from one meter's numbers to the other's. Use the ReliOn and get familiar with its readings over a range of BGs.

Some vets insist on BG curves being done with a pet meter. In that case many people buy a pet meter to use only for a vet curve. They use a human meter day to day because the test strips are much cheaper.

I suggest you put which insulin you're using in the light grey text below your post. The advice we give will depend on that. :)

3. Adam Flowers

Adam Flowers Member

Thank you for that information. I appreciate it. Mogee will be starting Prozinc.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

If you click on your name in the upper right corner and then "signature" in the drop down menu you can edit that light grey text to include the insulin's name.

5. Adam Flowers

Adam Flowers Member

I did it a few moments ago, should be showing up now! Thanks for the reminder!

Kris & Teasel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.