Relion Prime E 01 Error

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by TiffB, Jun 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TiffB

TiffB New Member

Good Evening,
    I'm having issues with continually get an E 01 Error on the relion prime. I got it to work yesterday at first l, but now most of the time I'm getting this error even when testing myself. This is my first week testing Boogey. I feel horrible. I can't keep poking his ears & paws are out of the question. Any input is appreciated. Everything is brand new. My hands are clean & dry. The test strip had enough blood to fill the box. I'm dipping the tip of strip in the blood. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Ahhhhh. Being a new diabetic momma is frustrating!

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

According to the manual, E01 means 'a used strip has been inserted or the meter is having difficulty reading the strip'. Do you have any control solution to test the strips? I've never gotten that error message, so I'm not sure what else to suggest. @Bobbie And Bubba uses the prime, maybe she knows of something.

3. TiffB

TiffB New Member

This is the first I've heard of control solution. Is that available at Walmart? Or is it something I can make at home?

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Yes I use that meter and Sharon is correct, that is exactly what it means: a use strip has been inserted into the meter, ( I just checked it on myself and reinserted the strip and that is the code I got.

Since that is not the case with you, try this, take the battery out of the meter and start all over with a set up and see if that helps.

TiffB likes this.
  5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

The control solution can be gotten through the company if you call them and request it (I think every meter should come with some......my personal pet peeve) Try taking the battery out and starting all over again with the set up and see if that helps.

TiffB likes this.
  6. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

It takes a few weeks to get the control solution( I agree with Bobbie, it should come with the meter or at least be available at the store where the meter was purchased!). Try her recommendation and if that doesn't work, maybe pick up some new strips and see if you got a bad batch.

TiffB likes this.
  7. TiffB

TiffB New Member

Ok I will try the battery. If that doesn't work I will pick up new strips. Thanks for the input & direction.

8. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Online manual here
    "A used strip has been inserted or the meter is having difficulty reading the strip.
    Repeat the test with a new test strip."
    "Customer Service at 800.631.0076 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)."

TiffB likes this.
  9. scoobydoox

scoobydoox Member

contact the company and let them know the error maybe they can at least send you some strips with the solution to reimburse you. i have the same meter and never had that error before

TiffB likes this.
  10. TiffB

TiffB New Member

Ok so I took out the battery used a strip from the same container got the error. Then used a strip from a different container (I got a box of 100 so two different containers) and no error. I tested myself & my kitty with no errors, worked perfectly. It's weird both containers came in the same box. I will definitely be calling that number tomorrow. I thought I was gonna go crazy with that error. I'm new to this and I thought there is no way it can be this difficult.

Boogey tested at 247 which is 100 less than yesterday & due to this whole meter issue the time I tested was way off today but that's ok for tonight. Feels good to see a little bit of improvement.

One more diabetic mountain that I couldn't of over come without this forum. Thanks everyone!

11. TiffB

TiffB New Member

I called Relion about the error. I was doing a step incorrectly. Since I'm so new to this I was putting the strip in the meter and by the time I found the cat & got the blood on the meter it was turning off, so I was just pressing the power button. This was prompting the error on the reading. The meter always thought it was a used strip. My strips are good. User error.

Sharon14 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.