Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister's Owner

Mister's Owner Member

Has anyone else experienced the Relion micro meter giving them a 160 and then retesting and getting a 275?

2. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

How long has your pack of strips been open? I have seen this happen with strips that have been open for several months, especially when they are near their expiration date.

3. Mister's Owner

Mister's Owner Member

They've only been open 2 weeks and there almost gone

4. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Battery, maybe? When mine started to go, my meter did all sorts of weird things!

Mister's Owner likes this.
  5. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Once you rule out the battery and bad strips you could try testing yourself a couple of times and seeing is you get proper readings. If we can poke our kitties, we can poke ourselves :)

Critter Mom, pat121 and Squalliesmom like this.
  6. Squalliesmom

Lol, I did that, it HURT! :)

Critter Mom and Tuxedo Mom like this.
  7. Karen & Lily

Karen & Lily Member

I see you have switched to Lantus. I will be interested to see how it goes for your kitty. My Lily is currently on Prozinc and I have seen no real change in her glucose #s so I am talking to my vet this week about also changing to Lantus....

8. Squalliesmom

I have never used Prozinc, so can't really speak to that. Squallie had been on Vetsulin ever since he was first diagnosed in 6/15, and he actually did very well on it (someone once said he was the poster-child for success with Vetsulin, and they may well have been right, lol). We had a couple of hiccups, like UTIs and food-related issues, but overall I can't complain.

But I think the Lantus will be a lot easier on his system in the long run, and maybe a little less stressful for Mom! I have to say, already I'm liking what I'm seeing. I just have to remember to use a different set of protocols than I was used to. Fingers and paws crossed!

If you are having issues with Prozinc I would definitely suggest giving Lantus a try! :):):)

Critter Mom and Karen & Lily like this.
  9. Karen & Lily

Karen & Lily Member

Your Lantus #s are looking good Squallie!

10. Mister's Owner

Mister's Owner Member

? I never switched to Mantua ? Where did u guys see that?

Anyways last night thoughts strips and meter We're all over the place even with replacement battery so i ended up waiting from 852p to 1015p to give insulin and than went to Wal-Mart and bought a ReliOn Confirm. I'm starting the new meter this morning , but I've read the Confirm gives higher numbers. so how do I know I'm really safe if it reads 200 for shot?

Thanks Tina

Squalliesmom likes this.
  11. Squalliesmom

I was unaware of this. i have used my Relion Confirm ever since Squallie was diagnosed, and I've always had good luck with it, even around lower numbers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.