? Remission Already?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Duchess2118, Jan 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duchess2118

Duchess2118 New Member

Hi Everyone,

Cookie and I are fairly new here (he was diagnosed in early Dec) and I didn't think I would be asking remission questions this soon but think I need to start! I haven't had to give Cookie any insulin since the evening of Monday, Jan 7th because his AM and PM numbers have consistenly been in the low 100s and below. He seems more like his old self as well, he has started making mischief again and has a very good appetite.

Our last curve was Jan 1st and I plan to do another tomorrow. Is it possible for Cookie to be in remission within 1 month? If it is remission what are our next steps and what type of ongoing care will Cookie need? Thank you all for the great advice and tips.

Elizabeth and Bertie likes this.
  2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

It is possible, but I suggest you post in the Lantus forum HERE for advice from the experienced Lantus users. Idjit went into remission very quickly, but I have to admit that I wish I had followed the advice of the experienced members more closely and weaned him off more gradually to help ensure a good strong long-lasting remission. I was very new, like you, and extremely uncertain what exactly I should be doing. I certainly wish you the very best and that Cookie will achieve that OTJ badge and join us at the Falls!
    Let the wise women and men guide you to that goal! :cat:

3. Duchess2118

Duchess2118 New Member

Thanks! I've reposted on the Lantus forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.