Remission but....

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Duke157, Sep 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke157

Duke157 New Member

I posted a few weeks ago about my 11 year old cat going into remission. Our cat Duke was diagnosed in February at a check up because he was defecating outside of litter box and having trouble chewing. Blood test showed diabetes. On Prozinc and glycobalance. After 4 or 5 months his readings were in the 90-120 range for over a month. However defecating outside the box became worse, and stool consistency strange. We tried new litter boxes, sprays behavior modification. Nothing worked. Back to doc, blood work and fecal test normal. Last week, he stopped defecating, and leeking mucus stool, but straining at litter box. We tried benefiber in food. He also stopped eating. This Saturday we went back to doc a third time. Xray and ultrasound confirmed a blockage, and a significant thickening of the colon walls (colon cancer) causing the blockage. Also, lympn nodes inflammed. To avoid any more pain and suffering to our sweet cat, we put him down. Please know that defecating outside of the litter box can definitely be a medical NOT a behavior problem. I am wondering if anyone heard of a connection between diabetes and colon cancer? Could the diabetes have been a sign?

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss. I cannot answer your questions about any connection between the colon cancer and diabetes. Did your vet have any answers on the issue for you? In any case, you did the best you could and gave the gift of release from pain and suffering. Peace and comfort to you and your family. cat_wings>o

3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry this has happened to Duke. I haven't heard of any connection between diabetes and colon cancer.
    Fly free Duke and land softly at the rainbow bridge:rb_icon:cat_wings>o

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.