Remission Party!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by AbyResq, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbyResq

AbyResq Member

Sweet Pea has now gone 2 weeks without insulin and his numbers are fabulous.:otj::D:joyful::D:joyful::otj:
    30515843_10213917632674012_9183400309534228480_o (1).jpg

For those of you new to this journey, you're in a great place to get help. Test often and keep at it!

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Great news for that handsome boy! :D:D:D

3. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, he's adorable!!! I just want to kiss that little face!!! Congratulations on another remission! Does this mean Sweet Pea will be adopted out? Or are you keeping him?

4. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

He's so cute!!!! Kristen, you must be the diabetic cat whisperer, I swear!

Djamila likes this.
  5. AbyResq

AbyResq Member

He is up for adoption. It's funny this is the second time that the day I decided I could list someone for adoption that the cat started going into remission. Same thing happened with Tuck, the first one I took in. I screened applicants for Tuck and didn't tell them he was going into remission. Once I knew who his new mom was, I gave her the good news. Sweet Pea also has some food issues so his new owners will have to understand that they really can't play too much with his diet.

Magic Johnson and Djamila like this.
  6. AbyResq

AbyResq Member

Or just lucky. On a serious note, I work from home most of the time. That gives me a huge benefit over most people. I also think there's some benefit to not being attached to them when we start treatment. Tough love is easier when they aren't emotionally tugging at me in the same way one of my own would be. All of these cats just assume that the only way to be fed in my house is to put up with ear pricks.

Rachel, Djamila and Kris & Teasel like this.
  7. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

So maybe if I threaten Sam with adopting him out, he'll go into remission too?!? ;):p

You really do an amazing job with these little guys! I'm so glad there are people like you in this world!

Magic Johnson likes this.
  8. AbyResq

AbyResq Member

This made me laugh out loud, sorry Sam!

I'm grateful there are people who donate their time to groups like this. I wish I had more time to encourage people here. We all do good work just in different ways.

Djamila likes this.
  9. Magic Johnson

Magic Johnson Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! So exciting such a big hurdle!

And he is gorgeous!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.