Remission question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sherrib, Oct 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sherrib

sherrib Well-Known Member

How many times can they go in remission? I got skittles in it less then 2 months after his DX, came back 1.5 yrs later due to infection.
    I was told today that once they fall out, they won’t ever go back in.

2. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

I'm not sure there's a number, I don't think so, I've heard of some kitties that have gone in to remission at least twice, it may be harder than the first one but just like the first time he may or may not achieve remission

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

It's harder each time, but it's never impossible.

You tend to need to be a little more aggressive the 2nd time (and 3rd...and 4th....lol)

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

My cat went into remission after 4 months. Stayed that way for a year then came out. She's been back on insulin for 14 months and is very unregulated. :( not sure she will ever be regulated Nevermind back in remission. Anything is possible I suppose but don't see it happening any time soon.

5. sherrib

How can I be more aggressive?

6. sherrib

Skittles went in it 2 mths after DX, stayed in 1.5 yrs. the past 2 weeks he has been going longer & longer between needing a dose. 16 sometimes 18 hours without needing to shoot.

JanetNJ likes this.
  7. sherrib

I hope I can help him get back in

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.