Remission!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by felicia__nicole, Apr 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. felicia__nicole

felicia__nicole Member

Since switching to wet food and starting home monitoring last month, Benny's numbers have steadily gone down and for the last week have been between 81 and 102 (except once when it measured 132), with NO shots!!
    My vet believes he is now in remission and has instructed us to spot check him a couple of times a week for the next 3-4 weeks and if everything remains the same we can stop testing all together and just monitor for symptoms.

For now I am going to keep him on the same feeding schedule, but not worry so much about measuring out how much he eats. I would like to eventually get off of such a regimented schedule if possible but I don't want to do to much too fast. I'll definitely have some questions on that when the time comes though. For now I'm just excited at the possibility and wanted to share the good news.

JanetNJ likes this.
  2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

That would be fantastic!!!

But, once a diabetic, always a diabetic, so even if he's in remission, he still needs to stay on a low carb canned or raw diet for the rest of his life.

Don't get complacent and decide that "just a little bit of dry won't hurt"

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

felicia__nicole likes this.
  4. felicia__nicole

felicia__nicole Member

Oh no, I wasn't planning on changing his food, just getting off a strict schedule of what time he eats. I guess I didn't word my post very well.

5. Dusty Bones

Dusty Bones Member

That's great news! Dusty's been in remission for almost 5 years with Fancy Feast, watching his weight and exercise. He even went through some tooth extractions with no problems. So happy for you!

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Great news! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.