? Remission???

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Ricki Lee, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Ricki Lee

Ricki Lee New Member

Hello all! This is actually my first post on the board but I am somewhat active in the Facebook group.

My Cena is 12, was diagnosed at the end of February when we brought him in for an abscessed tooth that caused him to have a swollen cheek (there were not really any other signs) and had a senior blood panel done. He had dental surgery on March 26 to have 5 extractions and a cleaning, which was very successful and he healed nicely from. Since then, his numbers have gone down and down and quickly, I reduced his dose (Lantus) from 1 to .5 the day before yesterday after seeing <60 numbers, and then tonight again <60 at +3 PMPS (have since given 1 tbsp Fancy Feast chunky chicken with a drop of Karo twice which brought him up to 97 and then 136 at +4). We use an Alphatrak 2 meter.

His spreadsheet is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ADsZWPwgALKtpCg6aaE0j6tN2EEnJYey9hB1jb-3hUk/edit?usp=sharing

Another dosage decrease (.25) was recommended however does this look like remission?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    LilTurkey likes this.
  2. LilTurkey

LilTurkey Member

You may want to post this in another forum as this forum doesn't really have people monitoring posts.
    I would head on over to one of these forums to get advice from an experienced member:
    Lantus / Basaglar (glargine) and Levemir (detemir)
    Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)
    I can't really give advice as I'm not an experienced member but I believe I've heard illness can cause high blood glucose and push kitties into diabetes.
    My cat Thomas J. was diagnosed with skin cancer and diabetes, after he had surgery to remove the cancer his numbers quickly dropped and he's now in remission.
    It'd be wonderful if Cena has gone into remission, wishing you both all the best!

3. Ricki Lee

Ricki Lee New Member

Thank you so much! I did post over there as well (I think it was actually the main Feline Health board) and got some feedback. It really looks like that is what's happening so I am cautiously excited.. give Thomas J a scritch for me!

Panic and LilTurkey like this.