Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

I removed the thread discussing R as it did not reflect the spirit of this forum. Removing it in no way was a reflection on any member who participated. Removing it in no way was a reflection of "taking sides."

Hopefully in the near future we can discuss the subject again and devise a document to help our most special of spirits--- our acrocats, who this really IS all about.

cat_pet_icon

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I do not like the idea of removing a thread. Moving it to another place such as Think Tank may have been more appropriate. Removing a thread reminds me of the removal/deletion of the threads on the YDC forums that happened a couple of years ago. The deleted threads discussed advice given or not given that reportable resulting in an insulin overdose and I think the cat ultimately passing. Removing a thread acts like we are trying to hide something. In actuality it is almost impossible to delete anything from the internet since web pages are typically cached somewhere.

3. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

Well Larry, it was removed. There is nothing being hidden. The thread became too personal, heated and off-topic and did not reflect the spirit/use/needs of this ISG. Furthermore, it did not contain information regarding the care of an acrocat (or any other cat for that matter), thus its removal will have no ill effects on any cat's health.

As I already stated, we will discuss the original intent of the thread at another time.

4. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

I'm butting in but....why doesn't someone open a "How to use R" thread in *THink Tank* and stipulate any posts with ad hoc or personal attacks will be removed (usually moderators can do that). Just a thought. I know R is a hot topic, maybe if there was *one* monitored place for opinions on its use, it would keep it from derailing other threads (since this is a repeat problem when R comes up in threads).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.