Requesting input on Vitamin B Complex supplements

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by FurBabiesMama, Jul 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Hi. I want to start my girls on a vitamin B complex supplement, especially Willow who has very early kidney issues. Are you giving your cat one? Which one do you give/like and why? I am considering the Mercola one: https://shop.mercola.com/product/2104/1/vitamin-b-complex-for-pets-2-1-oz-per-container-1-container Has anyone tried it?

I have never been successful adding anything to their food, so if there is any taste (and maybe even if there is not.. they seem to have a super power for knowing when something is in their food), that probably won't work. I can pill Willow easily with #4 gel caps but getting it to fit in one might be an issue. (She already gets a few gel caps a day so I would not want to have to give her too many more.) I cannot pill Mia (if you mess with her mouth at all, she immediately thinks she is being slaughtered :eek:).

2. FurBabiesMama

Nobody gives their cat a vitamin B complex supplement? o_O

3. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

I do but I use a human B-50 complex since basically I can't get any of the pet products delivered here, I mix it with the rest of the food since I make big batches the dosing is not an issue but using human ones on a dayly basis I think it may be very complicated

4. FurBabiesMama

Thanks for responding. :)

Veronica & Babu-chiri likes this.
  5. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

Hi, I give my Willow Jarrows B Right 1/10 capsule as per this page on Tanya's CRF site. With love, nikki

6. FurBabiesMama

Thanks. I was a little concerned about the phosphorous in it. Tanya's site says, "Unfortunately the product was reformulated in 2016 to include calcium phosphate, so it contains 28mg of phosphorus in a human dose (2.8 mg in a cat-sized dose)"

nslade001 likes this.
  7. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

Yes, that was my worry as well as Willow was diagnosed stage 2 CRF which we lowered with lower phosphorus diet, but Marje (i think) reassured me that it shouldn't cause any issues, amount was so minimal. With love, nikki

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.