Rescue group hoping to help diabetic cat

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by SaraGASPCA, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaraGASPCA

SaraGASPCA New Member

I am an individual working for the Georgia SPCA, we are a no kill shelter in Suwanee, Georgia just outside of Atlanta and have been contacted by an individual with a diabetic cat whom needs a home. We are unable to take the cat at this time but are hoping you might know of some assistance for this kitty. Her name is JC and she is 5 years old, she was diagnosed last week and the owners have realized they will no longer be able to sufficiently care for her. She is a black and white DSH and has been spayed and declawed. If you know of any groups in the southeast that might be able to help JC please let me know, the owners are searching for a way to keep her out of their local animal control where she will be one of many adult black and white cats. My email is sara@georgiaspca.org and the number here at the shelter is 678-765-2726, ask for Sara or Karen.

2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Sara and welcome to you.

It's wonderful to know you're helping JC. I'm not in the US so can't help with information. Hopefully you'll get some helpful replies on this thread soon. If you don't get an initial response here, try posting again on the Feline Health board as there's a bit more traffic there. :)

3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

You might check with Diabetic Cats in Need.

4. Sharon&Tabitha (TX)

Sharon&Tabitha (TX) Member

My cat was just diagnosed last week. In my searching for knowledge I came across the facebook page for Diabetic Cats in Need. They definitely post many cats all over the US that are in need of a home. It sounds like just what you need.

Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.