Revolution Tic and Flea Online?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sev, Jun 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sev

Sev Well-Known Member

Hey all.
    It has been a while.
    We are now up to 4 cats. Had 2 kittens show up last summer that decided to take up residence.
    I am still grinding custom meals for all. :)

I was hoping some of our members could lead me to reputable online site that has Revolution at a reasonable price. The ticks are quite numerous this year and the expense in protecting them is stacking up. The last run was 74.00 for 4 doses. I see a lot of buy 6 get 2 free. That still brings it up to over 100.00.
    The last thing I need is to have to take any of my 4 footed friends to the vet due to a tic derived disease.

There appears to be a lot scam sites out there and weeding out the chaff is a bit bothersome.

Thanks guys. :)

2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

3. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

PetCareRx has a 6-month supply for $70 if you are a member of (or join) their Pet Plus program. The program is $50/year but well worth it for me. I have 4 cats and I get most of their meds there, at a discount.

ETA: If you decide to join let me know, I can send you a referral and get us each $10 off!:)

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  4. Sev

Sev Well-Known Member

5. Sev

Sev Well-Known Member

Thank you.
    I'll give you the heads up.

Does the membership requite reoccurring monthly shipping?

6. Squalliesmom

You get discounted prices and free shipping if you have a membership.

Edit: Free shipping on all PetPlus items

7. Squalliesmom

8. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

9. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

When I saw this post, I was hoping they were protecting for ticks now too. I am stuck using Frontline Plus as that's the one I know of that kills ticks.

10. Sev

Sev Well-Known Member

11. Sev

Sev Well-Known Member

Revolution is very good at killing ticks. The kitten brand repells them as well. They do not advertise repelling on the adult cat variety. However I dont believe I have seen a tick on the cats since I have been using it.
    It also protects against ear mites, fleas and worms. Which has kept my vet bills down. My cats are all indoor/outdoor and the 2 in the picture eat just about anything that moves.

12. Sev

Sev Well-Known Member

Anybody else have any experience will buying lower priced revolution online?

13. Jazamm Cast

Jazamm Cast New Member

14. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

15. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

16. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

That's why I don't use Revolution because it says nothing about killing ticks, and that's what I most want. We have deer all over the place.

17. Squeakycats

Squeakycats Member

FWIW, I live in the woods in rural North Carolina--aka Land of the Ticks--and Revolution seems to work fine for my kitty, for both fleas and ticks.

18. Wesley and Spicoli

Wesley and Spicoli Member

Ditto. Indoor/outdoor and while I've found some on their fur I haven't had any attach, except to me :( I'm deathly terrified of ticks.

19. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wish they had Frontline Plus for humans :confused:. I have been lucky in seeing the bullseye around a tick bite twice, and went to the doctor to get super strong antibiotics. I do not want Limes again. Nor, do I want my cats to get it, either. Why does Revolution not say on their web site or packaging that the cat version kills or repels ticks? I have a hard time trusting that it does. Unfortunately, I have a choice of keeping my cats inside (they like to run around supervised outside), or using the Soresto collar which kills ticks for 8 months when I only need it for 2 or 3, or using Frontline Plus which seems to be causing problems with my girl kitty Ginger (I found scabs a few days after I put it on her just behind the scruff area).

20. josh23

josh23 New Member

21. Rocky Stvn

Rocky Stvn New Member

22. Olive & Paula

@josh23 do they require a script for flea medicine?

23. Olive & Paula

Rocky Stvn likes this.
  24. Rocky Stvn

Rocky Stvn New Member

On their website, there is no option to upload script. So I guess they don't require.
    I ordered from them thrice.

25. Rocky Stvn

Rocky Stvn New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.