RIP Korbel (1994-7/29/2011)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by jennifer & korbel (GA), Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jennifer & korbel (GA)

jennifer & korbel (GA) Member

At 4:30 today, I said goodbye to one of my best buddies. She's been with me for 17 years, I can't imagine life without her right now.

Thank you to everyone on this site, you gave me 11 years with her after diagnosis. She proved that they can live full lives with diabetes.

It's raining right now for the first time in almost a year, very appropriate....

RIP sweet girl, I'll miss you more than you know.

Jennifer & Korbel (GA-wow that's hard to write)

PS-it's “nice” to see so many old timers posting to my post below-thank you Hope for keeping up with all of us and circling the wagons when we need it.

2. jennifer & korbel (GA)

I found some pics of Korbel and Calypso as kittens

Attached Files:

3. jennifer & korbel (GA)

Korbel & Calypso in about 2000
    and one last time, the Korbel & Bear photo
    She really was a beautiful cat

Attached Files:

4. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It feels like the end of an era for me. Tears are falling as I write this ...... my deepest sympathy, Jennifer. Losing a beloved pet is so hard but when you have been doing tests and shots for 11 years, day in day out, that void is so deep .......may all your memories help you through the "moments". My heart goes out to you.

5. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Thank you for putting up the picture of her and Bear.....this time I saved it.

6. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

(((Jennifer)))
    Fly free Korbel. Such a beautiful girl

7. pamela and tigger

pamela and tigger Well-Known Member

Oh no, I am so sorry to read this. I feel so bad for you Jennifer. That had to have been so hard to have to let her go. What Hope said is so true. Fly free sweet, beautiful Korbel.

8. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Oh gosh, my dearest Jennifer,

I'm in tears for your brave, loving heart.

Life will continue at some point. Just maybe not right now... It will continue when your heart realizes her love endures. It will... Love does.

Please accept my deepest sympathies and heartfelt condolences on your profound loss, Jennifer... We all will miss your precious Korbel, perhaps even more than you can understand right now. She was our poster girl...

Fly free, precious Korbel! Wear your fabulous champagne-colored wings with great pride! You and your mom have been a source of inspiration to so many for so long. Thank you, precious little furry girl. Send us all a rainbow to tell us you've arrived safely! Visit your mommy's dreams. Giz can tell you how. I'm sure there's an enormous celebration at The Bridge to welcome you, sweetie...

Much love and countless gentle hugs for you, Jennifer. Please be gentle with yourself and your brave heart.
    Deb and Nikki -- and, Giz, who's probably organizing everything for Korbel's arrival, or perhaps, just nodding in respect...

Solace

From the silence of your pain I heard my name
    and on the wings of light I have come
    to see the sadness in your eyes
    that cry without tears.

Can you see me? I am here.

I will always be near you
    to calm your shattered heart
    and to make you smile at the memories.

Do you feel me, perhaps a soft brush of fur?

You ache to believe it's real
    but you are afraid to hope.

You brush away a strand of hair
    But it was I, whispering.....

I am only here for but a moment;
    The silver thread gently quivers.
    I will leave behind my love in a dream.

When you awaken, and without really knowing why
    Your heart will know at last
    That it is all right, for now
    to say good-bye

Copyright © Lisa Carmel Singer Printed with permission

9. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry .. She really is beautiful ..

10. Cheryl & Tux

Cheryl & Tux Member

I'm so very, very sorry, Jennifer!!

You have my deepst and most heartfelt sympathy. This last gift that you give to Korbel is the most precious and the hardest on us. The end of an era ~ that is a fitting description..........

I pray that the memories of the love and life that you and Korbel shared will, one day, bring a smile to your face, peace to your heart and healing to your soul.

Fly free, precious, beautiful, Korbel, fly free; but don't forget to come back and let your momma know that the love lives on and that you are always with her.

Many, many hugs.

11. ohbell

ohbell Well-Known Member

Ms. Jennifer,
    I can hardly type for the tears I shed for you! Hugs soo deeply you will never know, and many many paw prints on your heart and soul!

12. Janet & Binky (GA)

Janet & Binky (GA) Senior Member Staff Member Moderator

(((Jennifer)))

I am so sorry. She was a beautiful cat, and you two were so lucky to have been able to share this journey together. I wish it could have lasted longer.

Hugs,

Janet

13. alexia&wednesday

alexia&wednesday Member

I said by to my best friend, the love of my life, at 430, as well.

Healing for us, I hope. xoxo

14. Charliemeow

Charliemeow Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Korbel. I hope that the years of happy memories will help heal your heart.

15. Sandra&Barney(GA)

Sandra&Barney(GA) Member

So much time has passed since we first met on the FDMB.So many kitties have gone to the Rainbow Bridge.Kitties we never met except through this wonderful board.Jennifer I feel your loss.It brings me back to when Barney(GA) and Korbel(GA) were both alive and we managed their dire beasties as someone called it with the help of so many beans on this board.Eleven years.Korbel it was your time to fly free and be in pain no more.May Korbel appear to you, Jennifer, in a dream, a rainbow, a vision, out of the corner of your eye as Barney did mine, ........Just to say, well done Mombean!
    Purrs,
    Sandra&Barney(GA)
    in Massachusetts
    P.S. Thanks to Hope for emailing me about your loss.

16. sharon and sparky

sharon and sparky Member

Rest in Peace Korbel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rb_icon <<<<<<<<<<<<<< Fly Free

17. MurraysMama

MurraysMama New Member

I am so sorry about your loss, Jennifer. Losing one of our SugarBabies wrenches a hole in your heart. It will be a year next month since I said goodbye to my Murray.

Peace and Hugs to you all.

Laura and Murray(GA)
    Mac, Atticus, and Winston
    Molly and Buddie

18. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

(((Jennifer))) I am so sorry for your loss. Fly free Korbel. You are in my prayers. Such a beautiful girl in those pictures.

Pattie

19. Melinda and Sasha

Melinda and Sasha Member

My deepest sympathies to you, Korbel was a beautiful girl and I'm sure she's thanking you for all the many years of love at this very moment.

20. cjleo

cjleo Member

My deepest sympathies on your loss of Korbel.

Peace, Jennifer

Claudia

21. I'm a new member, so I wasn't around for most of your tale. I am so sorry for your loss. I (and many people here) can truly understand what it is like to lose such a long-term companion. I suppose if there is a "bright" side, it is that you were able to give Korbel 11 more years than she might otherwise have gotten were it not for the love and care you gave to her. That doesn't make today any easier, but it is something to hold in your heart. The pain and loss you feel today will one day fade. But never completely, she will always be a part of your life, and you will always have a piece of your heart with "Korbel" written on it.
    Thank you for sharing the photos. She was a really beautiful girl.

With sympathy,
    Carl in SC

22. KarenRamboConan

KarenRamboConan Senior Member Moderator

(((Jennifer)))

Even our strongest warriors eventually need to rest. Korbel was a fighter, with a fighter for a mom ... and she was a true testament to what living the sugar dance can really mean - it can mean a full, long, loving, and very happy life.

I am so very sorry that this part of your journey with Korbel has come to a close, but I do believe she truly has just "Gone Ahead", and you will walk together again someday.

And thank you for the smile ... I had forgotten the Korbel and Bear picture, and it was lovely to see it again.

A candle will be lit for your sweet girl tonight, to help guide her way. My deepest sympathies.

Karen/Rambo

23. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((JENNIFER)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I am so very sorry for your loss. Many many tears falling here for your wonderful girl Korbel. Korbel is flying free now, whole and healthy over the Rainbow Bridge. rb_icon
    wings_cat

24. Dana & Thomas

Dana & Thomas Member

Fly Free sweet Korbel,
    Dana

25. Heather & Seasaidh (GA)

Heather & Seasaidh (GA) Member

Jennifer, I am so sorry. Korbel was so blessed to have you for her mom. She will always be with you in spirit.
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((JENNIFER))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

26. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

Once again the Board community is awash with tears. Jennifer, I am so sorry to see that your beautiful, beautiful, extra-sweet Korbel had to leave you today. They become so much a part of our lives - the sugar dance begins so frantically and then settles into a daily routine - it's hard to imagine life without it - and yet we all must face it sooner or later. But what a dance it is, right? And those of us who have been on here for so many years share a bond that will forever be there - through these magical little beings that bind us together. They give so much.

Slowly but surely the "old-timers" are leaving - Dude also is 17 now - and of course, age is slowing him down also. My heart goes out to you in your sadness - please know that Korbel will always be remembered by those of us who have danced the dance with you - shared the highs and the lows - the smiles, hugs and tears.

Korbel's love will forever remain with you in your heart and her memory will bring you many smiles in the future. She was so very beautiful.

Sending you many comforting prayers.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

27. MauiGuppy

MauiGuppy Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear about Korbel. She's such a beautiful cat. My deepest sympathies.

Rest in peace Korbel.

28. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

May all your wonderful memories of the beautiful Korbel comfort you...

...'til you meet again.

29. Luke B

Luke B Member

I know its impossible to say it any better then what so many here have already said but I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. When my Bear was diagnosed on the 26th the first real thought of loosing one of my best friends was so hard to comprehend, my wife and I cried a lot. I wish you the best and pray that you find peace in all the great memories you had with Korbel.

30. calliecat an marty

calliecat an marty Member

I am so sorry for your loss ! :YMHUG:

31. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

Oh I am so very sorry to hear this! My deepest condolences. ((((hugs))))

32. Jessie's mom

Jessie's mom Member

Jennifer, I am so very sorry about Korbel. My heart breaks for you. She is truly beautiful.

33. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. may all the memories bring you peace.

Fly free little one. wings_cat

34. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry Jennifer. Korbel really was a beautiful kitty. Thank you for sharing her photographs with us. The picture of her and Bear brought a smile to my face when I saw it. What a great shot. I'm sure Korbel will always be a smile in your heart. ♡

35. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I wasn't here for the beginning of Korbel's journey but got to know you both more recently. I am so sad for your loss. It is always a gut wrenching decision to make -- even if you know, really know, it's the right decision to make. I hope you both rest easy knowing that this last decision was made out of your love for and devotion to your companion.

Fly free Korbel and land softly. There are many who have gone ahead to the Bridge who will be there to keep you safe and happy while you wait to be reunited with the ones you love most.

36. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss Jennifer.

Fly free beautiful Korbel, land softly.

37. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

From the pictures I can tell Korbel was very much loved and was well taken care of....11 yrs on insulin is amazing...thanks to you she lived a good life....and we all know they're never here long enough with us....

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers in this very difficult time....know Korbel has found new friends at the bridge as well as reunited with friends she knew before....she is not alone....

Fly Free Korbel wings_cat

38. Punkincat

Punkincat Member

All of us here offer our deepest condolences for your loss

39. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry that you have had to say goodbye to Korbel. Thank you for sharing her photos. She was a beautiful cat, and it sounds like she lived a wonderful life and was well loved until her last moment, as she will be beyond that. My heart goes out to you in your time of loss.

40. maryjoandsmokie

maryjoandsmokie Member

Jennifer, i am so sad to read about your precious Korbel.
    We know how you are hurting.
    Know that we care.

41. Mary Jazz Katy Bushey(GAs)

Mary Jazz Katy Bushey(GAs) Member

So sorry to hear this

Mary(UK)

42. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

((( Jennifer )))

I'm so sorry that your beautiful Korbel has passed. ((( Jennifer ))).

43. Susan G and Tiger GA

Susan G and Tiger GA Member

how hard it is to lose a furry friend of 17 years! safe crossing, pretty korbel, enjoy your wings!

44. HollyandSpader(GA)

HollyandSpader(GA) Well-Known Member

Jennifer, I am so sorry to hear this.

Tear are rolling.

Korbel sure was special.

45. marjorie

marjorie New Member

Dear Jennifer
    I was so sorry to hear of Korbel's passing (thanks Hope). No matter how old they are, it never seems like enough time.
    We were all so lucky to find the FDMB back then, it gave us so many more years with our supersweet kitties.
    Sending you hugs in this time of grief.
    Marjorie (and Pinto GA)

46. jennifer & korbel (GA)

Thank you everyone for your kind words.
    I will always miss her, but I know I did the right thing, she is at peace.
    I just uploaded some pics I took of her on Friday and you can tell she was done-she was physically a shell of her former self.
    It breaks my heart that she's gone, but I did what was best for her.

47. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Dearest Jennifer,

I'm so sorry for Korbel's passing. I'm not familiar with her story, but thank you for sharing the adorable kitten pictures. It's so important to remember them as happy kitties. Which she is again at the Bridge.

Bless you for all the love and care you gave her. Diabetic for 11 years! Amazing!
    wings_cat

48. judy and squamee(GA)

judy and squamee(GA) Well-Known Member

My deepest condolences on your loss. Thank you for sharing the pictures. She was truly beautiful.

49. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

My heart goes out to you but after 17 years you gave the most loving gift a true friend could give. Short days and long nights are ahead. Try to gather all those memories that made you love Korbel. They are, where she is, in your heart forever.
    Sharing tears,
    jeanne

50. Gail & Houdini (GA)

Gail & Houdini (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((Jennifer)))))) I'm so sorry to see this... 17 years is a good long life especially when 11 of those years she was a sugar cat......it just shows what a great mom you were to her. She is a beautiful and special girl and is waiting for you at the bridge.

My heart goes out to you....

51. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

Jennifer, I'm so sorry. Korbel was truly special and it's hard to see the board lose another veteran. We all take for granted now so much of the knowledge and wisdom that you old-timers helped create. It is a sad day indeed, but I'm glad that if it had to be her time, Korbel was clearly ready to go .

They become so intrinsically intertwined in our daily thoughts, lives, and routines that the first days and weeks after losing them can feel hollow and empty. I'll be thinking of you.

Thanks also for posting the pic of Bear and Korbel -- that's always been one of my favorites. It made me smile the first time I saw it and yet again today.

Fly free Korbel. There will be a lot of friends at the bridge to greet you...

52. hollybee

hollybee Member

wow, 17 years old and 11 years as a diabetic.....she was one lucky cat to have you when so many would have given up on her! she is up at the Bridge now bragging to all her new friends about what a lucky kitty she was to have had you! all paws crossed (especially Alex Olivia's - our diabetic foster) in our home today for you and Korbel!!

53. doombuggy

doombuggy Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about your loss! :YMHUG: rb_icon

54. Karen & dB (GA)

Karen & dB (GA) Well-Known Member

Jennifer, I'm so sorry. They do leave a huge gaping hole, especially when you have shared so much together. The love you shared is endless and timeless. May you always feel her nearby.

Tears,
    Karen, dB in spirit, Bindi, Dorje, Little Girl

55. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

wings_cat I am so sorry for your loss. I feel for you because I too loss my baby prudence on the 29th. Hopefully they are playing together. <<<<<<Hugs>>>>>>>

56. Julius' Mom

Julius' Mom Member

As others have said you are an amazing kitty mama. Korbel was blessed to have you all those years, you made them the best you could and Korbel had an amazing live because of you, my heart goes out to you right now.... Korbel will always be with you.

57. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Oh, Jen...
    tears, tears, and more tears upon reading this...

Land softly, Sweet Korbel...

all four of us lighting candles for your girl...

celi, binks, smudge & annie

[​IMG]

58. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

(((((Jennifer))))) I am so sorry for your loss. You and Korbel did an awesome job with her diabetes. Fly free, sweet Korbel. wings_cat

59. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

(( Jennifer ))) so very sorry for your loss.

Peace sweet Korbel. rb_icon

60. Felice and Bert

Felice and Bert New Member

Hi Jennifer,

I haven't been to the board for so long and don't recognize many of the names.

I just saw this and my heart sank. I'm so very sorry to hear that Korbel has moved on.

This board has been a blessing to all of us and helped keep our fur kids with us for more years than we imagined when we heard of their diagnosis.

Fly Free Sweet Korbel for you have truly earned your wings.

(((HUGS)))

Felice and Bert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.