Roger AMPS 334

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Roger10, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger10

Roger10 Member

After a scary night of him being hypo, it was almost a relief to get this reading this morning. We'd prefer in the 200's but this is his norm so far.

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Roger & welcome!!! From the last thread, are you saying the 61 was his PMPS, i.e. 12 hours after the morning shot? Or that was a mid-cycle # at his nadir, like +6 more or less after the PM shot?

If it was the preshot I would absolutely reduce the insulin dose. If it was the mid-cycle #, that is perfect!!!

3. Roger10

Roger10 Member

Yes, that 61 reading was 12 hrs after his AM shot. I don't give insulin if it's 150. I'm just too afraid of it getting too low especially overnight while I'm sleeping and can't watch him. I'm home during the day and keep an eye on him.

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Wow. If you are seeing that 12 hours after a shot, I would cut the dose back quite a bit. It could be his pancreas is working, but regardless, I would reduce. You want a # like that at nadir. If you are seeing it at +12, it definitely makes me wonder what the rest of the cycle looked like. Do you have any #s from a daytime cycle that ended with a low PS like that? That would really help you determine what is going on...

5. Joanna & Bix (GA)

p.s. I just realized Roger is your kitty's name... sorry!!! Welcome regardless! :D

6. Roger10

Roger10 Member

Today the Vet lowered Roger's dose to 1.5U. I was 2U. We're still trying to find the right dose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.