Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainRomeo

CaptainRomeo New Member

Hi there, we are Jenna & Jay and we have a one eyed Sphynx named Romeo who was diagnosed with diabetes at just a few months old. We recently celebrated his first birthday, we are so happy he made it!
    There has been so many ups and downs so far and we are constantly learning more about diabetes and just trying our best to give our lil guy the best life we can.
    I wonder if any of the other owners here have a juvenile diabetes kitty?
    I stumbled across this website while researching diabetes stuff and after reading some posts felt not so alone, especially when it comes to feeling so guilty when something goes wrong.

Attached Files:

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Welcome Jenna, Jay and Romeo. What an adorable little guy! Love those ears!

I know we've had some very young cats here in the past but I'm not sure if anyone around now has a kitty diagnosed at such a young age. My girl was diagnosed at 4 yrs old which is considered young for a diagnosis of diabetes but no one ever mentioned juvenile diabetes to me.

I believe treatment would be the same or very similar regardless of type of diabetes and when it come to dealing with diabetes in kitties, this place cannot be beat. We all have or still do, live with FD daily and have amassed an amazing amount of information, tips and tricks for keeping our kitties safe and on the path to better health.

Please come join us on the Health Forum with any and all questions. We're so sorry you've had to join us but very glad you found us!

CaptainRomeo likes this.
  3. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome to the community. You are not alone. Come over to the Health Forum and give us more information about Romeo's treatment. We can help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.