Rory says Hi

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Var-ee and Rory, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Var-ee and Rory

Var-ee and Rory Member

its been a long time since I visited this group. I have still been giving Rory his insulin but decided he only needed it once daily and would not shoot unless he reached 17+ (Canadian numbers) Rory is no longer Diabetic. He hasn't needed his insulin since around Christmas, I have tested him to monitor him and he got blood tests done yesterday from the Vet who confirmed he is no longer diabetic.. unfortunately I went to the Vet because I noticed him obsessively licking a concrete pig on our deck he just didn't want to stop all day and night... I got worried.. we went and had extensive blood work done and found out he has liver problems and is anemic..he is also having problems digesting proteins.. so I am trying to be strong now..he is needing an ultra sound done still but I need to hold on until Monday, unless he stops eating completely I will watch him closely. I have given him some Vetri Science NU Cat Liquid but only a kitten dose to see how he responded.. he barely perked up but I did notice he was up for a while, still not really eating much though.. I will post more when I find out more or have found others that have been through this too... Im so glad to have met this group, but sorry that I didn't stay active...

Attached Files:

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

One thing which may happen in diet-controlled diabetic cats is continuing damage to the digestive enzyme-producing cells. This may cause anemia via lack of proper digestion and at least in humans, anemia may result in pica, or eating/licking inedible things. Lack of nutrition can then tax the liver.

Ask the vet about a trial of prescription digestive enzymes while you wait on the ultrasound. perhaps it may help.

3. Var-ee and Rory

Var-ee and Rory Member

thanks I will ask tonight Im going in, it will take time for the Ultra sound.. I have been giving him Turmeric as well... I will ask about this enzyme you mention!!!

4. Var-ee and Rory

Var-ee and Rory Member

sadly Rory developed a large tumor the size of a lemon and it rapidly spread into all his organs and lungs I had to say goodbye yesterday.. RIP my sweet Angel baby boy.. Im just devastated and am trying to figure out why I couldn't catch it sooner...

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

(((Var-ee))) I am so sorry about the loss of your sweet Rory. Such a handsome boy, well loved.:bighug:

Fly free sweet Rory - give your momma a sign when you've made it to the Bridge. cat_wings>o

6. Var-ee and Rory

Var-ee and Rory Member

7. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aeternum, Rory.

{{hugs}}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.